:D hiya jus wondering if any1 out there remembers the supreme league on a wednesday nite at firthpark bowling alley in the 70s & 80s...my dad used to bowl for a team called The Cabarellos and my mum bowled for Jade....probaly a long shot..but worth a try...love to hear frm u!!!!

My mom bowled there in the 60s Can't remember the name of the team but Mom has a trinket box that they won.

thanx 4 tha mrsnoo...my mum has a few trophys(thier in the loft now)but dad has quite a few gold medals..and still bowling..go on dad he was radio hallam in his hey day..hes retired now so hes now trying golf.. thinks hes hitting pins tho instead of tees

I remember when the bowling alley first opened in the early/mid-60's the first manager was a former pupil at Firth Park Grammar School, and came up to school to suggest that the boys might like to form a bowling league. He was politely shown the door as the headmaster did not think it an appropriate sport for us boys, so we all went down after school and formed a league anyway!

I remember when the bowling alley first opened in the early/mid-60's the first manager was a former pupil at Firth Park Grammar School, and came up to school to suggest that the boys might like to form a bowling league. He was politely shown the door as the headmaster did not think it an appropriate sport for us boys, so we all went down after school and formed a league anyway!

e played the pinball and bandit fruit machines in the late 70"s always got kicked out by Doyle the manager for being rowdy!!!:hihi:

:D hiya jus wondering if any1 out there remembers the supreme league on a wednesday nite at firthpark bowling alley in the 70s & 80s...my dad used to bowl for a team called The Cabarellos and my mum bowled for Jade....probaly a long shot..but worth a try...love to hear frm u!!!!

I bowled in the supreme league around the time you refer to, Eric Hughes was the secretary and people like Ron Oldfield, Pete Oldfield, Ric Cauldwell, Paul Boyle, Barry Greenall, his son, Alan Bennett was our team captain, very happy memories.

I bowled in the Supreme league in the 80's so probably know your Mom and Dad.

My wife worked on the reception about the same time

e played the pinball and bandit fruit machines in the late 70"s always got kicked out by Doyle the manager for being rowdy!!!:hihi:

A group of us used to go down on a Sunday morning and play the pinball machines. Some of them thought they were Hell's Angels with their studded leather jackets

I bowled in the Supreme league in the 80's so probably know your Mom and Dad.

My wife worked on the reception about the same time

Hi what was your wifes name please, I worked on control in the 80s aswell!

Hi what was your wifes name please, I worked on control in the 80s aswell![/quote

my wife worked there late 80's