Lacarno/City Hall 50/60s

Hi Vera

Nice to hear from you again,

Didn't those earings nip you ears, Oh the relief of it when you took them off. your earings and your shoes. I didn't know which was worse the ache in the ears or the feet. I used to think it was toothache.

I was in my 40s when I plucked up courage to have my ears pierced, I remember my delight-- no more nipped ears.

hazel

I think you are both masochistic! we men would never have gone to such lengths to look attractive to the opposite sex, apart from the winkle pickers of course. ;)

I've seen men almost stand on their heads to attract the attention of a beautiful woman. I don't think they can help it. It's biologically programmed in.

Thier brains descend and they are lost. It's a sad sight. :gag:

hazel

You seem to have lost the thread about the Locarno.

Won't be back; got better things to do.

Them were the days though!

well Alanbro, obviously we don't have better things to do ... and the convo has moved on - we're talking about clothes now!!!

lol .... men! *tuts* .... now about these gloves and matching brollies .... (pours everyone another cuppa and settles down for a nice long comfortable gossip) and those earrings ... tell me more :D

edit - owdlad, woman aren't trying to look attractive to the opposite sex lol - we're just trying to outdo the other women we know!!! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Applegrim

I used to buy my shoes in the rag and tag, they were 39/11d,

and it seems as though we all did our own underskirts, but we also used to have fancy long handled umbrella's,with covers to match, what must we have looked like,and we had gloves to match! Can you girls remember the cloakroom in the Lacarno?All those mirrors and lights, it was like Hollywood in there.!

Aw - weren't we proper young ladies then lol! I had one of those long umberellas with covers to match all outfits, and how we would get all dressed up on a Sundays - little hat, clutch bag and long or short gloves - ah those were the days....sigh

Originally posted by Alanbro

alan - come back - we need a few men around here to tease lol! ;-)

" red gingham dirndl skirt, white shirt blouse with red buttons, a beige elastic belt and matching suede ballerina slippers with a 1" kitten heel ... I was 13 or 14 but I felt so very grown up"

I have b/w photo of myself wearing exactly the same, plus a little red corduroy bolero - walking along Blackpool Promenade - oh and and large white 'penny' clip on ear-rings - all ear-rings seemd to nip in those days - or they were so loose you always managed to lose one :-(

I'd made the skirt in sewing lessons at school - eventually I cut it up to make a dress for my little girl and made place mats and napkins with what was left of the material - I STILL have the napkins - that material must be about 50 years old and still going strong lol!

Hope I didn't send you away Alanbro, Hope my warped sense of humour ddidn't upset you,

I didn't mean to.

Hazel

Originally posted by hazel

Hi Vera

Nice to hear from you again,

Didn't those earings nip you ears, Oh the relief of it when you took them off. your earings and your shoes. I didn't know which was worse the ache in the ears or the feet. I used to think it was toothache.

I was in my 40s when I plucked up courage to have my ears pierced, I remember my delight-- no more nipped ears.

hazel

oh but when the earings pinched, what better than the boyfriend nibbling away:hihi:

oh mardy, mardy mardy :gag:

Hy Hazel Park yourself down!

Pin back your lugs, 'cause I'm back and looking for someone called April, 'April Fool'.

You thought I'd gone, but now I'm back just to prove that I can really shake it down.

We-ell hello babe, this is the Big Bopper speaking.

Will I what? Will I what?

Well baby you know what I like.

Chantilly lace and a pretty face

an' a pony tail hanging down.

The only mardy in me is Mardi Gras!

The Locarno may have gone, but they can't keep us old rockers down.

Wop, bop a loo bop a lam bam boom!

Keep in touch, I'll be back!

Alanbro has spoken

Who's the daddy?