Immigration megathread part 3

Would you immigrate to England if you lived in War torn Country etc.  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Would you immigrate to England if you lived in War torn Country etc.

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

Harsh to say, but it's very true - I went in a takeaway restaurant in Manchester recently where the people serving did not speak English, I was the only white person in there (of around 25), there were Islamic symbols all over the walls, two child beggars asked me for money and someone tried to sell me pirate DVDs (not sure this last is really relevant, but there you go). Good food, and almost exactly what I would have expected had I been walking through a doorway in the middle east.

I like different cultures and it's interesting to feel like you've been transported to another country just by going to the shop 50 yards further down the road, but it's also a little shocking that there is such microheterogeneity within a single city or area. Ethnic intermingling is surely preferable to ethnic segregation - it does seem slightly odd to move to another country and bring your culture, language, food and friends with you then pretend you're still at home.

It's called having your cake and eating it - neat little trick if you can pull it off

StarSparkle

I think testing is right, BUT England should sort out there own homless people before they sort everyone else's ,sorry this is not the start of another thread i just thought i would say it.

microheterogeneity

Wow, that's a good word.

His prediction was though that, far from this happening, we would be far more likely to see the emergence of large concentrations of specific ethnic groups in specific areas - and how right he was on this, as the head of the CRE's recent statement about us 'sleepwalking to segregation' indicates.

Except shortly after that, it was found that electoral wards had become more mixed overall than previously

In response to your reply regarding Enoch Powell ... why didn’t he seem to be opposed to mass migration when we whites flooded/swamped India?

'We whites', to use your own terminology, never flooded or swamped India through mass migration. The proportion of permanent migrants from these shores to India during the Imperial period was infinitessimally small, as indeed was the percentage of British military and adminstrative personnel as a proportion of the Indian population as a whole.

Except shortly after that, it was found that electoral wards had become more mixed overall than previously

But this has been through the expansion or spillage of the ever growing ethnic minority populations into areas previously inhabited by white people. Moreover, electoral wards by no means tell the whole story, because (as in Northern Ireland) people can live cheek by jowl in adjacent areas and still live segregated lives.

'We whites', to use your own terminology, never flooded or swamped India through mass migration. The proportion of permanent migrants from these shores to India during the Imperial period was infinitessimally small, as indeed was the percentage of British military and adminstrative personnel as a proportion of the Indian population as a whole.

Well the whites did flood America, and totally anhilated 10's of millions of native americans also!!!!:suspect:

As for Enoch, making an impact on the political scene, YES, but he will never be considered GREAT, worldwide. Only to mindless bigots, that probably worship Hitler also.

As for Enoch, making an impact on the political scene, YES, but he will never be considered GREAT, worldwide. Only to mindless bigots, that probably worship Hitler also.

As you appear to be totally devoid of any intellectual capacity whatsoever, I won't even bother asking if you've ever read, or indeed understood, anything of the man you so unjustly vilify in your inane ramblings. Not only was Enoch a political visionary ( unlike the pathetic, brainless specimens we suffer today) , but he had the courage of his convictions and was prepared to pay the price for espousing them. He was also a much celebrated academic. Look up the word 'bigot'..............and see if it resonates with you.

Seems the Italians are a lot quicker of the mark in dealing with crime committed by foreign nationals then we are.

The Italian government has given local authorities the power to expel European Union citizens who pose a threat to public security.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7073873.stm

Yet this country are unable to deport the man convicted of killing the schoolteacher.

Yet this country are unable to deport the man convicted of killing the schoolteacher.

I don't see why.

Officials in Brussels said the Italian government appeared to be within the terms of a European directive that allows member states to expel citizens of other EU countries if they are a threat to public health, public security, or have insufficient means.[/Quote]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/italy/story/0,,2203953,00.html

They can be ejected if they are a current risk to the public. The Court looked at the evidence and decided he wasn't. (ref)

Considering he has spent 5/6ths of his life in the UK, I can't see the point in deporting him.

They can be ejected if they are a current risk to the public. The Court looked at the evidence and decided he wasn't. (ref)

Considering he has spent 5/6ths of his life in the UK, I can't see the point in deporting him.

Seems a reasonable decision in that case.

I was a little surprised by the...."or have insufficient means" proviso in the directive. Would that allow for the expulsion of EU citizens who come here to work and lose their jobs - or is it perhaps aimed at peopole who fall into vagrancy.