Immigration megathread part 3

Would you immigrate to England if you lived in War torn Country etc.  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Would you immigrate to England if you lived in War torn Country etc.

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

Because of the crimes committed by white people which unfortunately no price tag can comprehend the damage to the African nation. I should not look on this subject like its white people handing over money to a nation. To many crimes have been committed in past to rectify anything. Hence the west will always contribute for the good of mankind.

Unless you are a supremist and do not want to help your fellow man, is that why you are against helping Africa or is it because you loathe it so much. This is no racist rant of mine, yeah right........

Crimes committed by white people which no price tag can comprehend?

Would that be giving the Africans education? Medicine? Roads? Fresh water supplies? Sanitation? Governance and modern laws? Trade? Independence? Dragging them from the stone age, turning them into working, effective, independent economies and then releasing them to self-govern?

Perhaps the crime was letting them try to self govern – a little like leaving a small child in control of your house with a box of matches while you go away on holiday.

Or perhaps, like many, you allude to the slave trade as the great ‘white crime’? Would that be the same slave trade that had been going on for centuries before white man had even discovered sub-Saharan Africa? The slave trade run and profiteered by the Arab nations and the African paramount chiefs? Blame the white man – why not!

And of course nobody else in history was responsible for atrocities, except the white man, the slave trade all commited by whites? apart from other races of course, history is littered with atrocities committed by people of all races, and still continues in many African and middle eastern countries, yet we are the only ones supposed to show any remorse.

I have to admit I agree with you on this, Mr Contrite.

Just how far back in history should we go to right all the wrongs do to / done by our ancestors? We'd all be spending our lives apologising to every one else, or accepting apologies from them. Ludicrous

StarSparkle

Unless you are a supremist and do not want to help your fellow man, is that why you are against helping Africa or is it because you loathe it so much. This is no racist rant of mine, yeah right........

Please note that I take as dim a view of those who play the race card as I do of those who play the terrorist-sympathiser card :roll:

Just how far back in history should we go to right all the wrongs do to / done by our ancestors? We'd all be spending our lives apologising to every one else, or accepting apologies from them. Ludicrous

StarSparkle

Yep. They call it the white mans burden, or white guilt as the black American academic Shelby Steele puts it in his book.

Please note that I take as dim a view of those who play the race card as I do of those who play the terrorist-sympathiser card :roll:

This is not a race card!!!!!!!!:huh:

Your opinion just stinks to one sided and supremist.

This is not a race card!!!!!!!!:huh:

Your opinion just stinks to one sided and supremist.

And yours is hysterical and absolves the people of an entire continent of any responsibility in how they choose to run their affairs, in any way, on any level. And that is simply ludicrous.

This seems to have gone off topic, by the way. Maybe you should transfer your theory to the other thread, about the Third World.

And yours is hysterical and absolves the people of an entire continent of any responsibility in how they choose to run their affairs, in any way, on any level. And that is simply ludicrous.

This seems to have gone off topic, by the way. Maybe you should transfer your theory to the other thread, about the Third World.

Atleast I have some dignity for people that do suffer from atrocities. Thats all I care about, no matter where they are from. Seems to me there are not many people that care on here.

Atleast I have some dignity for people that do suffer from atrocities. Thats all I care about, no matter where they are from. Seems to me there are not many people that care on here.

Your comment seems to imply I don't give a toss about atrocities. I object strongly to that inference. You do not have the monopoly on concern for what happens in the world.

StarSparkle

I agree with you in that the working class of this country can't be said to have profitted out of slavery. You just need to look at the conditions of the working class at the time to see that.

The people who did profit out of slavery were the upper classes. I would like to see them make reparations not just for slavery, but for what they did to the working classes in this country as well.

I agree with you in that the working class of this country can't be said to have profitted out of slavery. You just need to look at the conditions of the working class at the time to see that.

The people who did profit out of slavery were the upper classes. I would like to see them make reparations not just for slavery, but for what they did to the working classes in this country as well.

Jesus Christ, there goes a jealous leftie.

Do you mean sympathy?

Revised figures show the number of foreign nationals employed in the UK since 1997 is £1.1million, not the 800,000 officially recorded :gag:

Well - is it still "right-wing paranoia", as certain liberal/Left forrumers suggest, or is it down right lies by the government - or perhaps, it's just sheer incompetence :roll:

Either way, are this bunch of "ex" Marxists and loony lefties fit to govern this country? :rant: