Lights In Sky Over Sheffield

Has Anyone Seen The Clouds Lighting Up Like When Theres Thunder A Few Miles Away. Its Happened At Different Times And Different Nights For A Couple Of Weeks At Least Its Not Meteors Or Fireballs I Dont Think Its Search Lights Either Because It Has Not Got Any Pattern To It.it Seems Random.

Has Anyone Seen The Clouds Lighting Up Like When Theres Thunder A Few Miles Away. Its Happened At Different Times And Different Nights For A Couple Of Weeks At Least Its Not Meteors Or Fireballs I Dont Think Its Search Lights Either Because It Has Not Got Any Pattern To It.it Seems Random.
i see your in S5.... which way you lookin..?

Ive a clear view over chaucer school etc... maybe its something at the Don valley Bowl??

Thats firth park way the way i look...

wHICH dIRECTION iS iT fROM?

Annoying when people don't know how to use capital letters, isn't it?

i hate to ask the obvious .. but its not lightning is it ?

i often have a look here for updates when theres storms around

JJ..

Aaah, I know exactly what you're talking about.

Don't live in Sheff anymore but sure as hell remember the weird lights in the clouds.

My girlfriend used to say it was just the police helicopter's lights bouncing all over the clouds.

But.... multicoloured and lighting up the entire sky?

Always had my doubts.

And lightning? Without any noise?

Just weird.

It used to remind me of the scenes in Close Enconters of the Third Kind.

Doesn't anyone have a good explanantion?

yes I have seen them very often mostly north east sort of direction but am not sure what they are but would like to know :help::confused::huh::suspect::roll:

Back in about '96 there was a phenomenon similar to the northern lights over sheffield, does anybody remember it?

I lived at park hill at the time and was coming home on my scooter and above the flats the clouds were alight with multi coloured lights flashing like lightening in waves across the sky it was amazing!