Liverpool -v- AC Milan... Champions League Final 2007

Liverpool,,Milan, call it off.  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Liverpool,,Milan, call it off.

• Liverpool
    • Ac Milan
    • Call it off

You do talk a lot of boxxxcks dont you. They are supposed to be proffesional footballers, though the only person in your team worth his money is gerrard. I t does not take much workin out if they got injured v fulham its 3 weeks to get fit where as if they got injured v charlton its only 2 weeks. surely even a thick liverpudlian can work that out.

Three weeks without a game would make the players not sharp or have peak match fitness.

Why do you have to throw in insults Daftlad??

What made you change your mind lol

Because i want a good night next week and it would spoil it if the italians won lol :)

Three weeks without a game would make the players not sharp or have peak match fitness.

Why do you have to throw in insults Daftlad??

but its like i said why not play the full team when he could rather than rest players, he still has more two weeks before the champions league game to get them fit. the team he played against Fulham I would suggest any team in the league would have beaten Liverpool that day. I dont think Benitez respects the premier league, now he knows for certain the champions league place for next season was secure. i could understand the team put out if it was a team with nothing to play for but fulham were in the deep poo like ourselves and were given 3 points by his team selection. I know you said there were only one making his debut, but if you were honest would you rather face Kuyt up front of Bellamy, i know which my choice would be

but its like i said why not play the full team when he could rather than rest players

Because Liverpool had just played a very hard fought, tiring, Champions League Semi Final against Chelsea and wanted to give key players a break to avoid any injuries in a match that was meaningless to Liverpool. How many more times.

the team he played against Fulham I would suggest any team in the league would have beaten Liverpool that day.

Liverpool played poorly, yet still had chances to win. Again missed chances cost us, story of our season really. The Liverpool team was full of international players who had been playing regularly all season, again how many more times!!

I dont think Benitez respects the premier league, now he knows for certain the champions league place for next season was secure..

Of course he respect's the league but as you say the game was meaningless to him. CL already sewn up, a semi final against Chelsea just been played and a CL final around the corner... Why would he risk his key players against errr, Fulham?

i could understand the team put out if it was a team with nothing to play for but fulham were in the deep poo like ourselves and were given 3 points by his team selection.

Not his problem. Having just played a CL Semi Final and the game been meaningless to Liverpool, Rafa decided he would rest key players and also have a look at some squad players to decide on new contract's etc. Fulham fighting relegation does not warrant Rafa Benitez playing a full strength squad in a meaningless game with a risk of losing crucial players for a CL final that is just around the corner. Surely you are not too bitter to see his logic?

I know you said there were only one making his debut, but if you were honest would you rather face Kuyt up front of Bellamy, i know which my choice would be

The guy who made his debut (Insua) is a left back!

Bellamy has played against most of the top teams Liverpool have faced this season (scoring away at Barca being one). Bellamy playing instead of Kuyt is hardly anything to be whinging about is it?

Also Daftlad, didn't Man U rest Ronaldo, Scholes and Giggs for their game against West Ham for the very same reasons as Rafa rested his key players?

I don't see you moaning about that and rightly so, Fergie was thinking about the next game and, although Man U still lost the FA Cup final, he was well within his right's to do so!!

You know something Paul, You would make a great lawyer with all the excuses you come out with for managers resting players.

God knows how these amateur players in the lower leagues manage, what with having to fit jobs,kids, shopping etc in with training and playing matches they don't get paid for.

I wouldn't mind being a lawyer m8 its a good trait to have then lol.

Liverpool are very difficult to break down and are the underdogs. Could go either way, but I'm going to stick my neck out and say Liverpool.

Ive heard there playing Crouch up on his own, any facts to this?

Of course Benitez is going to rest players. He doesn't want them injured. I'm tired of hearing about it being 'not fair' that the big teams didn't field full strength teams. Teams are only responsible to themselves.

2-2 then Liverpool to win.

Milan sorry liverpool