Cat owners - time for you to take responsibility

Yes, one of these creatures (a cat.... not a cat owner) has just killed a bird on my back garden.

Come on Cat Owners, can't you take some responsibility, stop your pet killing innocent animals? ie, tell them not too

SHOCKING:mad:

Excuse me, tiddles - would you mind awfully not doing what comes naturally to you? Leave the nice birdie alone and find something harmless to entertain yourself, please!

Yeah, right...

I get what you mean, but there's not a lot we can do about it. Birds get killed all the time, just because it happens to be on your garden this time doesn't mean there's going to be a radical change in Government policy. Dangerous Cats Act?

lol

Have a good day!

F

Tut, tut. Naughty, murderous cat going with instinct and the natural order of things.

As they're both capable of rational thought and can appreciate how their behaviour upsets us humans, both my cats promised faithfully, paw on heart, never to do it again. Can't say I believed them though.

I think you are both missing the point. An innocent animal has been killed on my back garden.

This is not a joke, and I'm sure the murdered bird didn't find the incident particually amusing.

This is murder, and an illegal offence I believe

I think you are both missing the point. An innocent animal has been killed on my back garden.

This is not a joke, and I'm sure the murdered bird didn't find the incident particually amusing.

This is murder, and an illegal offence I believe

No wonder the world's so screwed up if that's your undesrtanding of the law.

Some cats will attack birds, rodents, butterflies, frogs - anything that moves, basically. That's just the way they are.

I did try asking for a comment from my two, but Kizzy was asleep in her basket and has never successfully caught anything in her life, and Jarvis was too comfortable on the bed to consider disturbing him.

Owners of dogs can be held legally responsible for the actions of their pets, but not cats. Check your facts before you post, otherwise you look silly.

Nobody is saying it's not a shame that a bird was killed (I'm a member of the RSPB myself, actually) but there's not a lot we can do about it.

How about when the birds eat worms? I don't hear you accusing the bird of murdering a poor innocent worm!

Come on Cat Owners, can't you take some responsibility, stop your pet killing innocent animals? ie, tell them not too

Our cat had a lovely habit of catching blue tits and hiding them in my brother's shoes. She already had a collar with a bell so we added another bell.

We can hear her coming a mile off... but she's just trained herself to be more stealthy when hunting.

Anyway, I've had a word and she says if I start nagging, she'll put blue tits in my shoes :(

NAUGHTY NAUGHTY kitties, lock them all up I say, throw away the keys,

Life means life no parole.

By the way do you have a witness? :)

Anyway, I've had a word and she says if I start nagging, she'll put blue tits in my shoes :(

LOL! Class comment!

With regard to the legal aspects, I seem to remember that RTAs involving dogs, for example, have to be reported, whereas cats can get run over with no comeback.

Dogs have alwys had legal protection, as well as legal resonsibilities. Cats have had neither.

How do you know the bird was innocent?

It could have been the one that deliberately defecated on my car.

If it was, then maybe I should press charges and see if I can get anything from the birds's estate.

Oh, FFS get a life!!

I assume the OP doesn't mind their feline neighbours so much when they're keeping rats and mice away?