Sign in to follow this  

23yr old male professional. Where should I look?

My company is relocating to Sheffield. Where should I look for accomodation? I would probably be looking for somewhere near transport links (the office can be chosen to suit). I'd like a local pub and shop nearby, but I'd be willing to take a bus into town centre for a night out. I'll be moving in Dec/Jan, it's flexible, so I have a chance to view at w/ends. Thanks for any help, James.

The west is best as far as Sheffield is concerned.... look around Broomhill, Ecclesall, Ranmoor, Fulwood. I will now get loads of flack and be accused of snobbery!. Plenty of pubs, nice leafy streets, clean, safe, good bus services.

Crookes, Commonside, Crosspool, Walkley, Fulwood, Ranmore, Ecclesall, Lodge Moor....

I agree with the above: give Ranmoor, Crookes, Kenwood. You're pretty safe in any of S10 or S11.

For cheaper housing S6 or S12 are pretty reasonable - Walkley, Hillsborough etc (S6). Fretcheville etc (S12)

Alex

Meersbrook is a reasonably good area, near to town and there are some local shops.

I am the moment selling mine ( just because my son attends a different school).

It used to be a real left wing area ,but is now full of professionals.

A lot of people cannot afford to pay inflated prices at Fulwood, , Ecclesall, whirlow so Meersbrook has become a better place to live., as people are looking elsewhere.

I have ived in the area for 20 years and have had no problems at all.

There are 2 local supermarkets( small ones) and an off licence and newspaper shops just up the road and it is not very far at all to take a drive to the new Waitrose, Sainsburys and Tesco on Abbeydale Rd.

It all depends what your priorities are.

I agree , if you want the very best location, at a price then go for Ranmoor, Fulwood, whirlow ,but if you want lovely big spacious houses, scattered with substantial old terraced property that is very near to town, then take a look at meersbrook.

Good luck

Hillborough's getting nice now. Also near tram = regular cheap nice reliable transport.