Any golfers on here ?

Been to beauchief this morning but my partner couldn't make it so had to give up my time. Had a bucket of balls at Bradway instead and a nice hot latte for a pound. It would be a good idea to set up a forum slot for a fourball if anyone books a tee time, I could have done with three players this morning, never mind.!!!

good idea im up for that , can only play mon to friday though , i play off 15. i joined the virtual golf society about a month ago , its free for the 1st game then £25 for a year. basically it's just what you have said , a forum for golfers to create a game at a club, invite others on the site to play etc, i went to manchester on monday to play boysnope park, there was a german builder from liverpool, a financial analyst from manchester and i dunno what the other guy did . very suprised how well it went but before i even set off to play i got an email telling me that i've now used my 1 free game and i would have to subscribe to join any more . again suprisingly i find myself considering it . heres the link for anyone interested ,

http://www.virtualgolfsociety.co.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx

they have a system where by every game you play through the site you can enter your scorecard etc and it becomes a handicap that is recognised by golf clubs ( so i'm told )

i love beauchief btw , was my first course for about 6 years , sadly terrible in winter due to the fact that most of it is in a valley, but one of the best council courses i've ever played in summer. also my bible , anyclub you wanna search for or get info on is on here ,

http://www.uk-golfguide.com/

happy golfing :D

thanks, also is there any 18 holes that don't require spikes fancy dress etc? locally that is.

most golf courses have liability insurance, ie, if you slip and break your neck and claim off them , they are not covered if you arent wearing the appropiate footwear,( ask the guy at birch hall about that) i forgot my shoes 1 day and he knew me quite well, would he let me on ? no bloody way, he did lend me a pair 2 sizes too big, needless to say i changed back into my astro turf as soon as i'd played the 1st, plus , when your playing in the rain, climbing out of bunkers etc ( which i seem to do a lot of:D ) you can't beat em ....

Special offer at Beauchief in June -£10 per round after 2pm Saturday & Sunday.

Been to beauchief this morning but my partner couldn't make it so had to give up my time. Had a bucket of balls at Bradway instead and a nice hot latte for a pound. It would be a good idea to set up a forum slot for a fourball if anyone books a tee time, I could have done with three players this morning, never mind.!!!

I would be up for this

Submitted my membership application for Beauchief. Don't suppose any Beauchief members would offer to mark a card for me? I'd like to get my handicap back after years of not golfing. Maybe even get under 5 this time :o

I'm a member of Bondhay and can recommend it (the 18 hole Championship course) as a stern test of golf.

There's no easy holes, lots of thinking to be done off the tee, and with 180 bunkers, 1500 newly planted trees and 10 ponds you'll be lucky to play to your handicap from most other clubs in the area.

I currently play to 12.0

The 9 hole 'family' pitch and putt course is an excellent track to get started on.

I play with:

- Titleist 1989 Tour Model Forged blade irons (reg shafts)

- Taylormade RAC 60deg lob wedge

- Taylormade R300 driver (stiff shaft)

- Taylormade V-steel 3 wood (stiff shaft)

- Taylormade No4 22deg Rescue club (stiff shaft)

- Oddessey White Hot No6 putter

- Titleist Pro V1 balls

Played Bondhay last sunday. Got soaked, now also suffering from a cold Atchoo!!!

I started playing last year and have got from hitting 128 a round :( to 114. that was by having lessons. although i do forget a lot that is taught me.

mostly play college pines especially in winter as it really is the driest course around.

I use Taylor Made RAC OS Irons ( nice and forgiving) and Ping woods.

Off to La manga in September to play there for a weekend a need a handicap certificate to play ??? how do i get one if i cant hit to handicap

5)what is your handicap(if any) ? It was 6 when was 16, I'm now 27 and don't have one anymore...:(

Very similar to me, where did you used to play?

Played Bondhay last sunday. Got soaked, now also suffering from a cold Atchoo!!!

I started playing last year and have got from hitting 128 a round :( to 114. that was by having lessons. although i do forget a lot that is taught me.

mostly play college pines especially in winter as it really is the driest course around.

I use Taylor Made RAC OS Irons ( nice and forgiving) and Ping woods.

Off to La manga in September to play there for a weekend a need a handicap certificate to play ??? how do i get one if i cant hit to handicap

If you are a member at College Pines,you can just hand in 3 signed cards to get your handicap.

has anyone posted a good score today?

has anyone posted a good score today?

Shot 80 at Beauchief yesterday.Took 5 1/2 hours to get round as was stuck behind two lots of fours one of whom I don't think had ever played golf.:mad: