Any golfers on here ?

edited post

Edited by Wroughton
new Info

Nic

I am a member at Renishaw and Wroughton's assessment is pretty fair

The flooding bit refers primarily to three years ago when the adjacent River Rother came over its banks and covered the whole of the bottom 9. However generally the drainage has improved and there have been periods when we have been open and other nearby courses closed or on a limited number of holes

The course has been excellent this year and the greens are some of the best you will play and are still in fantastic condition even now

There is a joining fee that can be spread over 5 years (not sure exactly what it is) but a scheme has been introduced where you can pay monthly. Full membership including joining works out about £20 a week

If you want to have a look I would be happy to arrange a game

Kev

thanks for the offer Kev but we've already got a round booked the week after next. The pro said he's going to show us round the club first. So I'll decide after that.

Does anyone know which clubs have dropped their joining fee? I'm in S12 if that helps.

New Target Golf Tournament kicks off this Thursday, 17th December at Peter Cowen Golf Academy. Target Golf Winter League.There will be plenty of prizes up for grabs.

It starts this Thursday, the event will run throughout the winter.

Target Golf can be played at anytime between December 2009 and April 2010.

Telephone: 01709 555 999

the grange rotherham

pratice at stocksbridge

use ram clubs (cavarity backs)

sixon balls

Anyone know of any courses nearby that are open, I know none round here but what about Doncaster, Worksop way.

the grange rotherham

I used to have a season ticket there, it is a cracking but difficult course.

Do you know if memberships are available?

Titanic,

You can definitely join the Grange. I went round watching a Sheffield Union match and one of their guys told me they have loads of members. He also said that the green fee is priced so that casual golfers will tend to go elsewhere like to Tinsley.

On another note I'm thinking of doing the £150 deal at College Pines in Worksop. Whats it like getting on there? Do you always have to book. Any thoughts on College Pines in general as I've played a few times and liked it.

I think I might call down and see them about membership.

It's a fair few years since I played College Pines, I always enjoyed it and thought it good value.

I might try and get over their for a game this week!

Wath Golf Club

Practice at Grange/Concord if any...

Use Mizuno clubs.

Callaway balls

Titanic,

Walking round The Granger earlier this summer with one of their scratch team I was really impressed.

He was telling me that the majority of players these days are members and that as it was 20-odd quid for a round versus 15/16 at courses like Tinsley many of the pay and play players had moved on.

Much has been done on drainage, the course was in fine condition and the feeling among people I spoke to that the place was on the up. They have the Mizuno Fitting Centre down there aswell and a good young guy for lessons Greg Hyde.

Well worth a look.

Gregs a top bloke!