Any golfers on here ?

Beauchief. (lovely first hole;) )

The first hole plays with my mind, must have played 30 times and have not yet got over the ditch:loopy:

Played Beauchief last weekend, shot a gross 74. Not bad after 2 years of next to no golf at all. :hihi:

Quite a nice course, bit short though, too many irons off the tee. The 1st hole is nice to look at but it's really an easy par......:P I like the 4th, 9th and 11th holes.

I haven't played many places around Sheffield yet. I need to get back into playing again, still not sure why I stopped :huh:

But to answer the other questions:

1)what course(s) do you play ? None!

2)where do you practice ? I don't!

3)what make of golf clubs do you use ?

I play with some old Mizuno blades, a lob wedge, Callaway driver, 4 wood and 1 iron, with a Ping Anser putter.

4)what type of balls do you use ? Errr, some Callaway ones I was bought as a birthday present years ago...

5)what is your handicap(if any) ? It was 6 when was 16, I'm now 27 and don't have one anymore...:(

Try Waterton Park,fantastic course but difficult to play to your handicap ;)

I play Beauchief mostly as it's close by however I really hate the 3rd hole there. Using Wilson irons at the moment and looking to upgrade. Don't use woods or drivers at present due to my natural fade (it's more of a slice to be honest). Just been playing over a year now and enjoy it but it can be ever so fustrating...but if it was that easy we'd all be playing like tiger woods.

I play Beauchief mostly as it's close by however I really hate the 3rd hole there. Using Wilson irons at the moment and looking to upgrade. Don't use woods or drivers at present due to my natural fade (it's more of a slice to be honest). Just been playing over a year now and enjoy it but it can be ever so fustrating...but if it was that easy we'd all be playing like tiger woods.

Yep the 3rd is a bit of a nightmare as no matter how hard right you play it, it rolls down onto the left fareway.Get yourself a decent Driver & practice up at Moorview golf range.It will change your game a lot.:thumbsup:

Unlucky Justin Rose:o :(

Never put what I use.Doh.

Ping G5 Irons, G5 7 Wood,Hybrid & G5 driver.

Any balls I can get cheap now after loosing too many Pro V1 's.

Member at College Pines,play Beauchief,Birch Hall & Waterton Park.

Normally practice at Moorview golf range,Bradway .Health permitting.

Anything Ping really

Handicap 14.7 at the mo.

Anyone played Norwood? playing it later and wondering what its like:?:

Played Dore and Totley on Sunday and recommend it to anyone, not a boring hole on the course [even managed to get a birdie in all that rain], the green were in superb condition. pro shop fantastic; one of our group had forgot his waterproofs and the shop did not have his size so they drove him over to Moorview to get some. clubhouse stayed open for us [ we were the only ones on the course surprisingly:huh: ], and they take 2 for 1 as well

Been to beauchief this morning but my partner couldn't make it so had to give up my time. Had a bucket of balls at Bradway instead and a nice hot latte for a pound. It would be a good idea to set up a forum slot for a fourball if anyone books a tee time, I could have done with three players this morning, never mind.!!!

I fancy trying this course, it takes two for one vouchers. What sort of course is it? Are there a lot of water hazards on it or is it mainly parkland?

I fancy trying this course, it takes two for one vouchers. What sort of course is it? Are there a lot of water hazards on it or is it mainly parkland?

Superb course,extremely well maintained,Get a buggy though;) Very steep in places on the buggy(5mph on some stretches)),Couple of ponds to play over on the front nine.Tricky first.Get a booklet(£4) shows you the full lineout of the course.Highly recommeneded.:thumbsup: Bit like an amphitheatre(sp)

You will enjoy the course( or be frustrated;) ) ,but watch out for the Goose poo:hihi: