Thank you SYPD, now get t'other 1

My daughter was 'attacked' and the police were fabulous with her and us. Sadly the CPS thought there wasnt enough evidence to proceed even though she ID'd the little git. Fortunately she wasnt hurt, just shook up.

Likewise, the police caught two kids (in the same year as me at school a few years ago) who stole my mobile phone from the school office while I was in an exam.

They found the little brats through CCTV at school, found my phone on top of her kitchen cupboard but each kid blamed the other and the CPS said they couldn't do anything about it... no wonder people aren't afraid to commit crimes - even when they're caught nothing gets done.

Whilst I'm not calling you a liar... I just can't believe the circumstance which you outline...

We're in a situation in 2007, where the police HAVE to act on any suggestion of a crime.

Christ, only this week we're reading in the national press about people being prosecuted for carrying eggs for throwing, childing chalking on pavements etc...

I just can't believe that the police didn't do anything in the circumstances which you outline....I mean it's a straight offence for NEGLECT OF DUTY for the police officers not to act upon what you've said. That's potentially a huge fine for them and worse. It's simply not worth the risk, so even the lazy cops will act in such situations. The majority will act, because that's what you join the job for...to catch scumbags.

and if what you say is true...what on earth have you done nothing about it..ie: making a complaint.

So many complaints.....are absolute rubbish, fabrications and time wasters. Your circumstances sound far from that...yet the only venting you've done is on a public forum.

Were they not complaining about having to give out fines for such stuff rather than catching real criminals.

Likewise, the police caught two kids (in the same year as me at school a few years ago) who stole my mobile phone from the school office while I was in an exam.

They found the little brats through CCTV at school, found my phone on top of her kitchen cupboard but each kid blamed the other and the CPS said they couldn't do anything about it... no wonder people aren't afraid to commit crimes - even when they're caught nothing gets done.

That's because the CPS can't do anything to minors other than a hefty fine (which their Parents end up paying) or a few hours in some cushy little community service :loopy:

Were they not complaining about having to give out fines for such stuff rather than catching real criminals.

Absolutely...but complaining about doing it...and actively resisting/refraining from doing so are different things..

I'm afraid the police force is a disciplined organisation, where orders are followed....they come from the government, through ACPO, and down the ranks...

it's not a democracy...so many cops have to enforce laws and meet targets which they disagree with...

Whilst I'm not calling you a liar... I just can't believe the circumstance which you outline...

We're in a situation in 2007, where the police HAVE to act on any suggestion of a crime.

Christ, only this week we're reading in the national press about people being prosecuted for carrying eggs for throwing, childing chalking on pavements etc...

I just can't believe that the police didn't do anything in the circumstances which you outline....I mean it's a straight offence for NEGLECT OF DUTY for the police officers not to act upon what you've said. That's potentially a huge fine for them and worse. It's simply not worth the risk, so even the lazy cops will act in such situations. The majority will act, because that's what you join the job for...to catch scumbags.

and if what you say is true...what on earth have you done nothing about it..ie: making a complaint.

So many complaints.....are absolute rubbish, fabrications and time wasters. Your circumstances sound far from that...yet the only venting you've done is on a public forum.

On th occasion where the workmen saw the guy entering my property in 1998 my ex and I had just returned from a rather horrowing day. We questioned the workmen and they told us who it was as we knew him and they'd seen him before. The police did absolutely nothing, they didn't even question the guy. On the second occasion the person in question was seen entering and leaving with bags and again even though he had previous convictions and is banned from visiting this area, again they did nothing. I didn't have the knowledge or thought to complain at that time as I'd always thought of the police as the final word and didn't question what they told me.

When my car was broken into 3 times, a groups of lads were seen by neighbours and reported. The police were 2 roads away and I tried to flag them down as a group of lads fitting their description were on the road still, they refused to stop. I called the control room and told them I'd preserved the scene as there was a shoe print and finger marks around the door, they sent an officer 2 days later who said they wouldn't call SOCO as it was too long since the crime occurred.

I didn't complain as previously when they did catch a lad for stealing a previous car of mine he was let off on a technicality (just 'cos his prints were in the car it didn't mean he stole it!!!) and the time and stress it caused me was not something I wanted to go through again at that time. The last occurrence was just a month ago and I'm in the middle of complaining so I'm NOT only venting here.

So much as they should act on evidence thats not always the case in areas like mine I'm afraid. They've advised me to install my own CCTV at my own expense and admitted that there is little they can do as per resources etc

I'd be more than happy to go into more detail with you, PM me if you'd like.

I think this is the crux of the matter Tom, the polices hands are tied, I'm sure most of them would prefer to be out protecting the public and their property but are given ridiculous tasks instead. I'm so sorry for what you've had to put up with, it's a sad state of affairs when society locks up people for non payments of a TV licence when thugs like you've had experince with are put in holiday camps for a short holiday.