Thank you SYPD, now get t'other 1

On TV this morning they were saying how the police fine and take to court people over silly things e.g. someone drove through a puddle whilst driving past a police officer...there were other more daft examples but I can't remember them now

now i know why they didnt respond to the burglaries, unlucky for me and even unluckier for the guy whos injuries have effectively left him as a cabbage. Unlucky for anybody who pays tax also as it will have to pay for the guys care.

It would have taken all but 10 minutes to find and arrest them with fresh evidence available.

On TV this morning they were saying how the police fine and take to court people over silly things e.g. someone drove through a puddle whilst driving past a police officer...there were other more daft examples but I can't remember them now

The Police were actually saying how unhappy they were having to meet targets by fining people for the types of things mentioned above. They don't want to fine people for some things anymore than the (alleged) offending person wants to be fined.

He will be out in three years or less.

He will onlt serve half of his sentence if he behaves in prison so thats 2 1/2 years, even less ifhe's been on remand - thats 2 1/2 years for ruining a number of lives - stinks doesn't it?:mad:

my 14 year old son was robbed in daylight and threatened with a knife a couple of years ago, the scumbag was arrested and it went to court after about a year. when we got to court for the trial, the video link was broke (the scumbag couldnt see my sons face as he was giving his evidance) so it got adjourned. we the had to wait another couple of months and then when the trial did start this time the video sound wouldnt work so my lad had to read his statement over a mike and read it word for word. it took over a week until we got the verdict..........he was found guilty. he was given a 6 month curfew, supervision order and ordered to pay my lad £220. up to now my son has received just £25 of it and the payments stopped about a year ago now.

this lowlife changed my sons life, for months after he wouldnt go out. he is 16now and on thursday he left sheffield to live in saltfleet with a mate and his family. he is not the son he was, he has turned into an agressive lad who thinks everyone in the world is out to get him so stands up for himself and thats even in front of me, he has started drinking and smoking and by that i dont mean just tabacco. i feel as though i have lost him now. i cant help wondering if he hadnt been robbed, he wouldnt be like he is.

The Police were actually saying how unhappy they were having to meet targets by fining people for the types of things mentioned above. They don't want to fine people for some things anymore than the (alleged) offending person wants to be fined.

Then why the hell do they do it? Surely the answer lies with themselves.

I've had a few problems with lack of legal action, however I was incredibly pleased with the way the police dealt with my case. I think the major legal problems in this country lie with the CPS and their refusal to be proactive.

Spot on... Most people only blame the police when sentences arent' strong enough..or when cases don't even reach court.....

Of course, once a 'file' has gone it.....the CPS make the decisions...

Then why the hell do they do it? Surely the answer lies with themselves.

Because the police are servants of the public... and the public elect a government...and if the government of the day has legislation in force that says the police must do this, that and the other.... then that is exactly what the police must do....{the answer DOESN'T lie with the police}

Unlike another other 'emergency' service... when we aren't happy...we just carry on.. we don't go on strike...

the legel system is wrong you only had to read about the child who dropped a rapper out of her pram and got a fine, tomorrow some drunken yob will probably go and joyride and get a fine about the same evan though he has put lives at risk. but thats just the way life is, i dont think you can blame the police.

I've been robbed on several occasions and each time the police have let me down. Even when I named one lad who burgled me, told them where he works and gave them four witnesses (workmen). They told me they could do nothing unless they caught him with the stuff, to which I replied 'it happened 45 minutes ago, he's down the road in ******* shop right now, go get him' suffice to say they didn't. I have known two of the people who robbed me and the police did nothing.

I know who tried to steal my car also, and the same again. What is it the police actually do?

I've been robbed on several occasions and each time the police have let me down. Even when I named one lad who burgled me, told them where he works and gave them four witnesses (workmen). They told me they could do nothing unless they caught him with the stuff, to which I replied 'it happened 45 minutes ago, he's down the road in ******* shop right now, go get him' suffice to say they didn't. I have known two of the people who robbed me and the police did nothing.

I know who tried to steal my car also, and the same again. What is it the police actually do?

Whilst I'm not calling you a liar... I just can't believe the circumstance which you outline...

We're in a situation in 2007, where the police HAVE to act on any suggestion of a crime.

Christ, only this week we're reading in the national press about people being prosecuted for carrying eggs for throwing, childing chalking on pavements etc...

I just can't believe that the police didn't do anything in the circumstances which you outline....I mean it's a straight offence for NEGLECT OF DUTY for the police officers not to act upon what you've said. That's potentially a huge fine for them and worse. It's simply not worth the risk, so even the lazy cops will act in such situations. The majority will act, because that's what you join the job for...to catch scumbags.

and if what you say is true...what on earth have you done nothing about it..ie: making a complaint.

So many complaints.....are absolute rubbish, fabrications and time wasters. Your circumstances sound far from that...yet the only venting you've done is on a public forum.

what you went through sounds terrible tom3to.

I was attacked by a man a few months ago when I confronted him about threatening my 9 yr old son. This happened in broad daylight, in a shop with cctv, while my kids were there(I had just picked em up from school), and lots of witnesses around. When I confronted him we got into a bit of a row, he punched me several times in the face and head, knocked out my front tooth, cut my lip and caused bruising to my head and ear. This man then ran off accross the rd and phoned the police and told them what he had done, but said I had attacked him(I am 5`4" and very skinny this guy was over 6` and not all there!) The cctv and witnesses backed my events and this nutter was arrested.

He was given a CAUTION

This man still walks past my house regularly although the shop has barred him for good(he also went in afterwards threatening the staff,and tried to get someone to wait outside for them to beat them up)

At the time I was very annoyed at the police and tried to put the blame on them but I know it is the cps that are to blame, the police can only do so much then its out of their hands.

Is it any wonder that people do take the law into their own hands?