Bus from Sheffield to Parkgate

Could anyone advise me on bus services between Sheffield city centre and Parkgate, Rotherham as I am having trouble searching the bus services websites.

I don't think there are any direct bus services from Sheffield to Parkgate. I entered the journey into the Yorkshire Journey Planner website and every journey I looked at involved one change of buses. Try it for yourself with the time you want to travel.

http://195.152.136.10/

I would get a train from Sheffield to Rotherham, walk from Rotherham Central railway station to Rotherham Interchange and then get a bus from Rotherham to Parkgate.

Catch a bus to meadowhall and then catch 43/43a which run every 30minutes. If not then your best of catching x78 from interchange every 10min into rotherham interchange and get a bus from there.

try calling 01709 515151, they can always advise you on buses around the area

I want to go to Parkgate,

but rotherahm is where I'll saty

I'm only halfway to paradice

so near yet so far away.

Hi the best route is as follows:

Bus from sheffield interchange either 69 or X78 both same prise and take the same time, allthough the 69 route is a better route in sheffield city centre as it serves arundel gate and moorhead aswell.

Once you arrive in rotherham interchange 20 minutes later, you can get any of the following buses to retail world (and if paying in cash, as a driver i know clearly state retail world and not parkgate, as because if you say parkgate (2 mile jounrey it's £1.10, if you state retail world it's 75p for the 1 mile journey) this applies to all stagecoach rotherham buses.

Your best bet is the 108/9 bus route, you can't miss them as they have the brand new buses on in stagecoach livery, with the branding of a mini rounderbout sign, saying the circle every 5 minutes, this will take you from rotherham interchange to retail world every 5 minutes. Operated by stagecoach rotherham.

Then if you have a first day saver, due to the 107 route being taken off a few weeks ago, the only first bus to parkgate is the 43/43A every 30 minutes from stand B10.

All the rest of the 19 buses that serve retail world are stagecoach (bar the A3 which is run by tm travel from crystal peaks) You can catch any bus from stands A2/3/4/5 all go to retail world. If you require a low floor bus catch the 79 (will be the 218 from sunday) the 108/9 or the X92 (X92 Runs from meadowhall interchange along with the 228/9)

Hope this helps, and enjoy parkgate!

Buy a South Yorkshire daytripper ticket for £4.50 - valid on any bus or tram for the day regardless of operator, also valid on trains after 9:30am.

Thanks everyone for the advice!!