Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

My name Roy Etches, I lived at 96 harborough ave, went to standhouse and pipworth left school in 1950.the manor was a great place to be brought up,at that time I had 3 brothers 1 sister all younger than me .I remember the little wood at the end of harborough ave you could lie on you back and listen to skylarks all day. I have often stood at the bottom of the stairs at the barbers shop at fitzhubert road to get a short back and sides, and going in gebhards pork shop for a dripping cake .great times. my best friend was peter carson who lived at the last house on harorough No 133 then it was all fields where you could walk to the darnall dick to watch johnny mac brown.

here are the names of some school friend(do you know any). at Standhouse school. David Hall.Tommy Turner,Peter Carson,Mavis Dalison.Prudence Rogers.Allan Young John Mattamore.Alex Froggart. at Pipworth .Mick Cussack.Peter Bourows, Derrick Orran, Lol King ,Derrick Dagnall.To name just a few

Edited by manor imp

does any one remember the wilcoxs who lived on hastilar road and the johnsons who lived on paulett road

hiya, there were a family called johnson who lived at 64 paulet rd i only remember as my grandparents lived at no 60 at 62 there were a family who had twin sons, and at 58 was mr and mrs haythorne and further down was kenny watsons family, this was in the 40s

I remmember John Malkin at the same address I live for a short while on Rollet close just above John I move from harborough ave to there, I was at Standhouse at the same time

I remmember John Malkin at the same address I live for a short while on Rollet close just above John I move from harborough ave to there, I was at Standhouse at the same time

hiya, i remember the old tram system with the trams running down prince of wales road, i can still see them in my minds eye running down the centre where the grass verges are, from town fitzallen square catching the tram either via darnall ,or via manor top, i once remember saying to my aunt about the time difference to paulet rd and she said they were equal, the rd below paulet had a small fire station building at the end of this road, and the shops where my gran would take me, the only ones i recall were the co op and shentalls, and a post office.

Edited by willybite

hiya, i remember the old tram system with the trams running down prince of wales road, i can still see them in my minds eye running down the centre where the grass verges are, from town fitzallen square catching the tram either via darnall ,or via manor top, i once remember saying to my aunt about the time difference to paulet rd and she said they were equal, the rd below paulet had a small fire building at the end of this road, and the shops where my gran would take me, the only ones i recall were the co op and shentalls, and a post office.

hi i remember the tram system my grandma lived on beaumont road north and i could stand in her back kitchen and see the tram coming in the distance and run down and catch it brilliant j

my dad lived on the manor he is from a large family their name is Ismay, my dad is known as Mick but his proper name is Thomas Michael.

didn't know you was on the forum, ive recently joined, bet you can't guess who this is

My name Roy Etches, I lived at 96 harborough ave, went to standhouse and pipworth left school in 1950.the manor was a great place to be brought up,at that time I had 3 brothers 1 sister all younger than me .I remember the little wood at the end of harborough ave you could lie on you back and listen to skylarks all day. I have often stood at the bottom of the stairs at the barbers shop at fitzhubert road to get a short back and sides, and going in gebhards pork shop for a dripping cake .great times. my best friend was peter carson who lived at the last house on harorough No 133 then it was all fields where you could walk to the darnall dick to watch johnny mac brown.

here are the names of some school friend(do you know any). at Standhouse school. David Hall.Tommy Turner,Peter Carson,Mavis Dalison.Prudence Rogers.Allan Young John Mattamore.Alex Froggart. at Pipworth .Mick Cussack.Peter Bourows, Derrick Orran, Lol King ,Derrick Dagnall.To name just a few

I lived at No 123 Harborough Avenue,

Hi, Im looking for my father, Alan Litter, Married to Suzy Littler... Lost contact through change of addresses, and must have searched the whole, international directory enquires, looking for a contact number or address...

Am eager to reconnect and speak soon, Have missed them Massively,

:(

Catherine Littler

Hi Cath. I lived on the Circle just around the corner from the Littler family, who lived next door to the Buxtons on Fretson Road. I now live at Swallownest, and am quite near to one of my schoolfriends, then Janet Littler who I think must be your dad's sister. Susan Littler left her husband, I think, and married a chemist. I may have crossed wires here and be thinking of the wrong brother. I remember going home with Janet a few times. She lived along Attercliffe Common just up from Staniforth Road and the old Banners shop. Correct me if I am wrong. I will try and find out abot your father from Janet. June

Hi my grandad just recently passed away at 81 years old does any one remember the robinson's family or the Hobson's 1930's time and after would be great for a respond .

Hi my grandad just recently passed away at 81 years old does any one remember the robinson's family or the Hobson's 1930's time and after would be great for a respond .

the robinsons that i remember as a youngster lived just up the road from us on fretson road at no 121 but that was in the 50s/60s and my mate who lived there was called Raymond robinson,later on there was a family moved in and the womans maiden name was Pat hobson.

Hi i was born on the manor in 47 and lived at 15 stonecliff road i have gust joined the forum and it is starting to bring back memory s but it is still sketchy. I went to pipworth school but can only remember 2 class mates names a Peter Taylor and Harry Wiled

I can remember the year we had to go to the school in Darnell by bus and watching it on the telly i think it was on calender is there anybody from that year my name is Meirion Beach i read a post from a wile ago about Queen Mary Road and my dad name was there i think they moved into number 15 when ti was first built and had to move out when it was demolished

Hi meirion i remember you but mostly your mum and dad,a lovely man -i used to look after and repair his car -it was a Humber Sceptre and he had it years and it had a very distinctive reg no'BBC but can't remember the rest ,i used to live just round the corner up fretson road.