Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

Can you check my thread please.

My Mum is Rose Marie PARAMORE and was born in 1943 living at 78 STONECLIFFE ROAD to Rose and John PARAMORE...Don't know much more, he was a road sweep. Anyone help?

Edited by martymod

My mum lived on Noehill Rd and went to Pipworth School. That would be in the 30s. She had very happy memories.

if your aunt is beattie siddall and she married a sanderson cant remember his first name, my mum and dad knew them

Hi just joined forum found this thread and thought it interesting the mans name was Joe as a child I lived next door to Joe and Beatie Sanderson and new them as Aunt and Uncle

My Mum and Dad married at St Swithens church in 1938 dads family lived at 52, stonecliffe road name Hulley mums family lived at 194 queen mary road name of Hague

Edited by mylee
editing

Mylee

Do you know if any houses have been demolished in Stonecliffe Road as I can't locate a 78. It appears that an obsticle has been placed in the road to stop cars.?

hello mylee what is your mothers first name?

Hi Tatty dumps when my mother got married at st swithens in 1938 her parents lived at 194 Queen Mary road their name was Hague my mothers name was Edna

Mylee

Do you know if any houses have been demolished in Stonecliffe Road as I can't locate a 78. It appears that an obsticle has been placed in the road to stop cars.?

Afraid all the houses on Stonecliffe Rd with the exception of the bit on Manor Park have been demolished. I was born in '47 at no 63, left in '66.

It could well be that although my mum Rose Marie (known as Marie) Paramore was registered at 78 Stonecliffe that the actual occupiers were George and Violet (previously married to Herbert HARDWICK) ARGENT. Mums dad John Paramore was a road sweeper.

Thanks

Further to my previous Chrishall.

My mum Rose MARIE Antoinette Paramore was also born in 1947 and registered at number 78.

Her parents were married at St Swithuns.

Mum always told us about a strict convent school. Would anyone any ideas what RC school she may have gone to?

Further to my previous Chrishall.

My mum Rose MARIE Antoinette Paramore was also born in 1947 and registered at number 78.

Her parents were married at St Swithuns.

Mum always told us about a strict convent school. Would anyone any ideas what RC school she may have gone to?

Hi

Unfortunately the name doesn't ring a bell tho I will ask my brothers if they recall.

yes,he was ,I am the oldest John, then Barry and then harrold then roy followed by David and the youngest Peter.Sadly barry harrold and Peter have passed on in the last few years I hope you are well kind regards John

Hi John

I am John Gate previously of Fitzhubert Road. My sister Ann (Pat) worked for Roy at the shop for a few years. I did also at weekends selling fruit and vegetables on a stall outside. I have tried to contact Roy in recent times without success. We used to enjoy a few pub crawls together. I often drove his car so he could concentrate on having a drink. I hope he is well. mention my name to him and Susan. I left for Australia in 1969. I must have met you at some stage, I remember David and your mum and the mobile shop they had for a while.