Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

my dad lived on the manor he is from a large family their name is Ismay, my dad is known as Mick but his proper name is Thomas Michael.

I used to go to St Theresas School with Tom & Pat used to go there too but only for a couple of years as they were already in their teens when they arrived at St Theresas.

If someone lived on Ravencarr Road in the 1930's which Primary school would they attend please?

I believe the school whould have been pipwoth road infants

I would be very interested to know whether you have any knowledge of any of my relations who lived on the Manor Estate.

My grandmother was Catherine Finn who lived at Southend Place. She had four children - John (my father) , Michael who lived with her, Kathleen who married and became Collins and lived at Manor Oaks Road, Nora ( I don't remmber her married surname) who lived at Paulet Road.

Aunty Kate had 3 children . Brian Collins, Mickey Collins and Marie Collins. Marie married but unfortunately I don't remember her married name either) and they all three lived in Sheffiled. I have been trying to contact Brian and Marie at their last known addresses but unfortunately without success.

Nora had 2 children but I can only remember young Nora.

Anyone who might be related I would be most grateful if you could get in touch.

Hi I lived across the road from the rec from 1939 to 1958

can anyone remember my dad Billy Hodgetts and his brothers Benny,Tommy,Alfred.Sisters May,Marelda,Noreen,and June.from Beaumount Road.

Hello there My name is John Hunt and yes I do remember your dad billy, I lived next:P door at no 60 Beaumont rd, the houses have now been pulled down and the road renamed Castlebeck avenue.Billy as I remember was not the oldest lad I think he was a year or two younger than myself while tommy I think was older I do not rememer tommy all that well I seem to rememer he got himself into a spot of bother and left home for a while could of course be mistaken it is after all more than 65 years I]I do remember getting into a few scapes with your dad from time to time but maybe best not talked about.I was myself one of four brothers at the time Barry, Harrold ,Roy and David.As a family we moved to Woodthorpe close at the top end of the estate and lost touch

I was born at 2 woodthorpe close on the manor 1935

Hello there ,my name is John hunt and I lived at no 7 woodthorpe close with my mom dad and five brothersI think I can remember your name but feel you woud know barry better he was the same age as your self,My brothers were, barry, harrold Roy, David and youngest peter I hope you are well kind regards

I lived across the road from the rec spent all my time on there it was on Hastilar road

I lived across the road from the rec spent all my time on there it was on Hastilar road

Hi Momoran & others, can anyone possible tell me who lived at 115 Hastilar Road in 1946. This is the address given as place of deathon my gr-grandmother death certificate 15th february 1946. She actually lived at 55 Manor Oaks Close.

Cheers Martin

carnationman was your brother roy the same roy who owned the shop round the corner from the manor post office

carnationman was your brother roy the same roy who owned the shop round the corner from the manor post office

yes,he was ,I am the oldest John, then Barry and then harrold then roy followed by David and the youngest Peter.Sadly barry harrold and Peter have passed on in the last few years I hope you are well kind regards John

My dad went to Pipworth Road school and was born in 1938 on Allison Crescent he came from a family of 6 boys Jack, Barry,Harold, Roy, David and Peter and I believe my nan used to run a grocery shop spme years later on Fairleigh

Hello Toeless the shop was on Wulfic road next to what used to be the manor post office.later to be taken over by your uncle Roy. I wish you well,look after your self and take good care of Millie Jean. kind regards

carnationman roy new all my husbands family really well they lived on wulfric road their name was bridges.there was emma and roly robert who was my husband sandra and graham Sadly all but graham are now dead .emma their mum dying in june of this year kindest regards christine