Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

Hello Kathleen. Sorry about the start of this message. It is very nice to hear from you. I will phone Mary shortlly and tell her about this. A few words about her. Jack died say 14 years ago,within a few months of C.,leaving Alan and Graham. Only an hour ago, I was trying to recall the names I knew, so here goes, not particularly in any order of age etc. Philip Thackeray,Frank Travis(my best mate)Hagues,Wordsworth's,North's.Alan Goodenough. Will contact you again,shortly. Got to dash. Wife blind & Alz. Love .John

I have been trying to find out something about my uncle, Frank Travis, for years now but have come up with nothing. I think he was a mayor or Lord Mayor in the 1950s. I think Frank lived in either Doncaster of Sheffield. Does this sound like the Frank Travis you knew?

Sorry Chobson, definitely not the same fellow. Keep looking, but I'm not experienced enough to suggest where. Cheers.

:|

:|the halls are my grandparents,are you called vic,aunt ada's son

No my name is VIN and I am your Aunt Adas son

hiya my grandparents lived on paulet road number 60 their next door neighbour was mr and mrs haythorne they lived in the area of a semi circle one of my earliest memories was visiting them during the war it was another world to me birds singing in fact where i lived you could only hear sparrows on a sunday, who had three bedrooms a bathroom, indoor toilet,indoor coal hole,their own garden with its own air raid shelter,? not my parents house we lived in a two up and one down on bath street in town. one of the things at my grand parents during the war was the windows were all criss crossed with brown sticky paper to stop the glass from shattering if a bomb fell closeby.one of their near neighbours was named watson their son was called kenny, another was called minnard.jim.and the johnsons

my grand parents moved ont manor from bellefield lane just off st philips rd granddad died in 1953.their children were,bill,dick,harry,clara,mary,kathleen,margaret,ruth.

p.s the day my wife and me were married my grandmother white and my wifes grandmother millward said hello to each other, mine lived on paulet rd and my wifes lived on hastilar rd not 200 yards away neither knew of the relationship to the other, what a small world.

Edited by willybite
an addition

Hi Jogi,

I wonder if anyone remembers the Bower Family, who lived on the Circle, then moved onto Rollet Close? between 1930 and the 50's.

Babsy

Hi B. Have you got any ages or Christian names for the Bower family?. Cheers. Jogi.

Hi B. Have you got any ages or Christian names for the Bower family?. Cheers. Jogi.

Hi JOGI they were George and Winnie and there children Tom, Jack(John) who married Doreen Morton off of Prince of Wales Rd and Margaret they lived in the circle then moved onto Rollet Close. There is also a connection to Manor castle but i dont know what, it driving me mad not knowing.

cheers

Hi B..Sorry,can't recall any of those names,at the moment. There is a group called 'The Friends of Manor Castle'. Can they help?. Bye for now. J.

there is a bower family who live just on the corner of harborough avenue and fairfax road but not sure what you call them i live round corner from them

can anyone remember my dad Billy Hodgetts and his brothers Benny,Tommy,Alfred.Sisters May,Marelda,Noreen,and June.from Beaumount Road.

my dad lived on the manor he is from a large family their name is Ismay, my dad is known as Mick but his proper name is Thomas Michael.