Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

I Was Born 2 Woodthorpe Close Manor Estate In 1935. Went To Standhouse School

& Prince Edward School. Use To Fish In The Pond On Queenmary Rd & Play On The Allottments . Use To Go Over The Cematary Wall & Over The Wall To The Manor Castle. Just Great Happy Days On The Manor.

When I Visit The Uk I Always Visit The Manor. The Last Time I Came I Saw All The Houses Pulled Down . But It Will Not Stop Me Visiting The Manor When I Come To The Uk In May Of This Year.

Regards Roy.

hi roy thick snow here ithink you will be used toit.Brian was due back from spain next week ha .I will tell him you are coming over he would love to see you let us know when you are coming .I am going to spain next week thank goodness love janet horry

Hi Janet, Are you related to The Family called Horry who live on the Triangle Estate at Handsworth?

yes alan is my brother known as curley janet horry

hi sid morton is my uncle he lives at tinsley

Hi i lived between the roberts and mortons janet burton nee horry

no im not a train driver as I am female , still a male domain I think,I wonder if this was my brother Keith.He was a train driver.and lived in the Queen Mary Road vicinity

I never knew his first name. Even in my late teens he was always Mr Newton. By then he had moved to the far end of Queen Mary rd to a flats complex. I remember helping him move some gear.

Hi Sapper It's so good to hear Dorothy is in charge. In your reply to Ennis you mention a cousin called Virgin was their also a Margaret in the family. She was older than me and if I remember rightly she was very small her nickname was Titch Virgin. Also did she marry an American. Hi Dorothy, I hope you are well. Best love Mavis

Hi tatty,

It`s Not Dorothy I`m scared of it`s her big Brother , he`s over six foot:D:D.

DotnStanxx

Hi tatty,

It`s Not Dorothy I`m scared of it`s her big Brother , he`s over six foot:D:D.

DotnStanxx

Then you should be very, very, very, very scared. Love Tatty

I never knew his first name. Even in my late teens he was always Mr Newton. By then he had moved to the far end of Queen Mary rd to a flats complex. I remember helping him move some gear.

Hi there,I would think it would have been my brother.He was always kind and pleasant to most people.He was obviously beginning to need more support,and used to visit me in Wiltshire for a holiday.He decided to come and live in sheltered accommodation so I could be nearer to him. He was very happy for the 7 years he was here said they were some of the happiest he had spent.Sadly he died 5 years ago and everyone here thought he was a gentleman.So thank you for the company you gave him.

Then you should be very, very, very, very scared. Love Tatty

Hi there Tatty dumps,im not sure whether we use real names or not but you will know who it is.I posted a message yesterday but its probably flying round the iniverse at the moment.Sapper said you would give me Dorothys phone number how best is it to do this if you want my email address I can give it to you.I hope you are enjoying the snow.I was saying yesterday when we were kids we used to get corrugated metal from the Anderson shelter and sledge down woodthorpe close straight onto the allotments dont know if you used to do this.Iwas a bit of a tomboy Love Download

Hi there Tatty dumps,im not sure whether we use real names or not but you will know who it is.I posted a message yesterday but its probably flying round the iniverse at the moment.Sapper said you would give me Dorothys phone number how best is it to do this if you want my email address I can give it to you.I hope you are enjoying the snow.I was saying yesterday when we were kids we used to get corrugated metal from the Anderson shelter and sledge down woodthorpe close straight onto the allotments dont know if you used to do this.Iwas a bit of a tomboy Love Download

Hi Download

I will gladly forward you Sapper's Number. It would be better to send it through Private Mail than on here.

I love watching the snow but it is making me a prisoner as I have to use a mobility scooter now.

Talk soon. Love Tatty

P.S. I'm not sure how to send P.M's but I know how to read them - ask Sapper he knows everyything. X

Edited by tatty dumps

Hi there,I would think it would have been my brother.He was always kind and pleasant to most people.He was obviously beginning to need more support,and used to visit me in Wiltshire for a holiday.He decided to come and live in sheltered accommodation so I could be nearer to him. He was very happy for the 7 years he was here said they were some of the happiest he had spent.Sadly he died 5 years ago and everyone here thought he was a gentleman.So thank you for the company you gave him.

I'm sorry to hear that download. I am glad he had some great years before he passed away.

If i am honest it is me and all the other local kids that should have thanked Mr Newton for his company. Like i said before, his door was always open to anyone and everyone.

When i was 16 years old i got myself a heinz 57 dog. After a few days he became very ill. I needed to get him to a vet asap. My dad lived half a mile away but said he was too busy. I had nowhere to go. Mr Newton knocked on my door a few minutes later. I'm guessing one of the local kids had mentioned it to him. Either way we were down to the vets like a flash.

That was the measure of a great man. The world is a lesser place without your brother.

Hey up!!!! I was only about twelve then. She happened to be a friend of my baby sitter - that's how I knew her. She was a friend of Alice Jarvis who lived at the bottom of Cary on Queen mary. By the way have you got my email about Albert? Talk soon. Love to you both. Mavis X

Margaret Virgin and Alice Jarvis were in the same class as me at Stand House School. I have a photo taken in the quadrangle with them both on. Brought back happy memories. I also remember Keith Newton with affection, I think he was in a class or two above me.

Edited by multiparvo1

Hey up!!!! I was only about twelve then. She happened to be a friend of my baby sitter - that's how I knew her. She was a friend of Alice Jarvis who lived at the bottom of Cary on Queen mary. By the way have you got my email about Albert? Talk soon. Love to you both. Mavis X

Margaret Virgin and Alice Jarvis were in the same class as me at Standhouse School, I have a photo taken in the quadrangle with them both on. Brought back happy memories. I also remember Keith Newton with affection, I believe he was in a class or two above me.