Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

Vera says she went to Pipworth Rd school Albert, I think she meant that she stayed at Pipworth for all her school years.

hazel

Went to Standhouse School lived at 143 Fitzhubert Road and 8 Rollett Close .Remember the tripe van the rag and bone man and the Rec with the one eyed park keeper flying plank in the rec would not be allowed nowadays?And of course the Manor Hotel

Went to Standhouse School lived at 143 Fitzhubert Road and 8 Rollett Close .Remember the tripe van the rag and bone man and the Rec with the one eyed park keeper flying plank in the rec would not be allowed nowadays?And of course the Manor Hotel

What were the years that you were living the life of stupendous luxury?

Hi Tatty dumps

My sister Joans daughter reads the forum and has told me my sister did work on the buses so I oweyou an apology. We live opposite Rollet Close , when did you bump into my sister at the market traders. Joan will be 72 in June and lives on the Beighton estate and rides a mobility car.

Regards Betty.

Hi Betty - I bumped into Joan about 30 years ago and I can't even remember where the dinner was held. I was surprised that we both recognized each other she hadn't changed much. I really enjoyed chatting with her. It's funny to thinkmof her as 72, she was always fit. I qualify for a mobility car as well but I am unable to drive and none of my children live in Sheffield. Please give her my regards when you see her . I was with a bloke called Fred at the dinner and she knew him as well. All the best Mavis

Hi Betty - I bumped into Joan about 30 years ago and I can't even remember where the dinner was held. I was surprised that we both recognized each other she hadn't changed much. I really enjoyed chatting with her. It's funny to thinkmof her as 72, she was always fit. I qualify for a mobility car as well but I am unable to drive and none of my children live in Sheffield. Please give her my regards when you see her . I was with a bloke called Fred at the dinner and she knew him as well. All the best Mavis

Hi Mavis Jaons daughter read the Sheff Forum . Being in Australia I dont see my sister but I will pass on a meggage to her thru her Daughter Joanne.

Regards Betty Cutts (nee Daniels

Vera says she went to Pipworth Rd school Albert, I think she meant that she stayed at Pipworth for all her school years.

hazel

Is that school still open? I believe that my old school Stand House as now closed though it's still standing. I must go up soon.

Yes I believe Pipworth Road is still thriving as a school, some of the others will be able to tell you if not.

hazel

pipworth road school is definatley in use.As for Standhouse it closed as aschool quite a few years ago although the nursery was still open untill recently i think that even that as closed now or so the rumours said.It was also used as meetings rooms for various things

i can remember the tripe man and his little green van .We used to run after him just to ring his school bell he had to let you know he was in your street.I also remember Craigs ice cream the taste was out of this world.A big ice cream covered in chocolate bits cost 3d .The equivilent of about one and a half pence in decimal money

PeterRM did you live on st thereas side of fitzhubert road

I lived on the side going up from the Manor hotel to Windy House Lane.

Bushbaby I lived first at 143 Fitzhubert Rd then Rollett Close my friend was a girl called Joan the Brayfords nr the Manor hotel and Peter Small also of Rollett close left in 1959 aged 8