Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

Hi AKA, Turner was the name - 191, Queen Mary Road. The world is unprepared for photos of Tatty Dumps in bikini and a glimpse of her ankles have been known to drive strong/weak men to drink. There are some very elegant ones knocking about of me riding bare back.

Was that you sneaking a quick in there Cleegirl. I haven't done my rain dance for quite a while - so, take heed.

Hi AKA, Turner was the name - 191, Queen Mary Road. The world is unprepared for photos of Tatty Dumps in bikini and a glimpse of her ankles have been known to drive strong/weak men to drink. There are some very elegant ones knocking about of me riding bare back.

Where did they go ' Manor Hotel '? or behind shelter in't Rec!!

I remember a song that went something like.

' She'll be comin round the mountain when she comes '

' She'll be wearing Woolworth's nickers when she comes '

' Oh hi , hi , hippi, hi , hi , hipi, hi , hi, hippi, hippi , hi.

Can anyone else remeber the other / correct words?

Was the top of the twenty - 1940.

You crease me AKA. Could articulate be your middle name? Nite nite

should be x rated and your rain dance is still spot on lots of love j

Tosh13: Does anyone remember the Siddall's from Fitzhubert road.

The name rings a bell but what house number on Fitzhubert Road?

Tatty_Dumps: Can't say that I remember him but I must have known him. A few months either side of your age when you are five - eight years old is a generation. What Road and house number are we on about? Hopefully my sister ' Jean ' will know.

Though I can not remember having my photograph taken or seeing a photograph ever being taken before 1950. Here is a long shot:- ' Has anyone got any photographs from the Manor Estate between 1940 and 1950 please? '

(We even may see Tatty_Dumps in her bikini?!! or showing her ankle!!)

43 Fitzhubert Road Albert.

43 Fitzhubert Road Albert.

I'll come back Tosh13 after I've had words with my older Sister and/or Brother.

One of my first early memory's is Mother taking me in my pram (I believe), to what I was to get to know as ' The Welfare ' for Sun Ray Treatment?.

This building was situated on the right hand side of Ridgeway Road going to-wards Hollins End Park but after the Manor picture house and shops, one of which made ' Ice Cream '. Later I the building had been bombed or hit by one. Can anyone add anything to this? I believe it is now a library.

the welfare is still there it is known as the manor clinic it is right at the side of the library

the welfare is still there it is known as the manor clinic it is right at the side of the library

Thank you. I was hoping someone would tell me what ' Sun Ray Treatment ' was? and if the Welfare was bombed during the 2.W.W.

Can anyone recall the big black Van and trailer that the council sent around the estate to fumigate the houses, because most suffered with having ' Bugs '?

Did anyone go on the evening coach trip to Snaith, Nr Goole. When the vicar of St Swithens, Rev Pascoe moved? ( in 1945 or 6)

In the bad winter of 1945/6 most of the children spent hours going down Basseldene Road, where the church hall was using a Alderson Air Raid shelter bend as a sledge. About twenty youngsters, plus pushed off from just outside St Swithens church and sledged down the hill to Queen Mary Road. The worse bit, was pulling the huge steel bent corrugated sheet back up the hill for another go.

Is a fellow sledger reading this?

:rolleyes: Can anyone remember the little jaunty car that charged tuppence a ride round the block. I think it was pre-war (2nd).

Does anyone remember the Reynolds family who lived at 5, Queen Mary Crescent between the 40s and 60s. Mrs Reynolds was a dainty biird like figure who always seemed to be in a hurry. It was a large family, by todays standards, and this woman lost a lot of her children, and her husband, to T.B. A few if them were my childhood friends, I remember May, Audrey, Frank, Jack, Jean and Joan. Mrs Reynolds may have been small in stature but had the strength of a lion. I remember she lost two of her children and her husband in one year. When she died the whole of the surrounding neighbourhood turned out to pay their last respects.

............One of my first early memory's is Mother taking me in my pram (I believe), to what I was to get to know as ' The Welfare ' for Sun Ray Treatment?.........

QUOTE]

This Sun Ray Treatment....what was it? I seem to remember going to some sort of clinic to have what my mother called jelly patches, these were put on your backs. Does anyone remember these, was is same as sun ray treatment?