Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

albert t smith and tattydumps. if you want to ask malcom mercer personally about his book he attends morning service at st swithuns church every sunday.i am sure he will be very pleased to hear from you

albert t smith and tattydumps. if you want to ask malcom mercer personally about his book he attends morning service at st swithuns church every sunday.i am sure he will be very pleased to hear from you

I am disabled, unfortunately and getting to St Swithins is beyond my capabilities. But I appreciate you passing this information on to me.

I've a walk to lead this next Sunday. But I'll endevour to get up and meet Mr Mercer at the church where when Rev Pascoe was the vicar and Mr Emmerson was his curate I was a member of the choir. Mrs Darvell was around at that time and if my memory serves me right a Mr Mercer was also a choir member?

I've a walk to lead this next Sunday. But I'll endevour to get up and meet Mr Mercer at the church where when Rev Pascoe was the vicar and Mr Emmerson was his curate I was a member of the choir. Mrs Darvell was around at that time and if my memory serves me right a Mr Mercer was also a choir member?

Did you attend Sunday School Albert. I can remember Rev. Pascoe vividly but I can't remember any of the other names you mention. I knew Malcom because his father was a friend of my father. I'm pretty sure Malcolm's mother was a friend of my mother as they were both members of the Women's Institute which met each Wednesday afternoon in St. Swithin's Hall. Known locally as the "Mother's Meeting" The Mercer family were always devout church goers, my family, I'm afraid, were not. However, we all had a strong affinity with several areas of the church.

I lived at no. 5 Archdale Place in the early 50's and went to Standhouse school just up the road. Mr Rackham, Miss Lant are a couple of teachers I can recall. . . . . I seem to remember some buildings at the bottom of the rear playground which I think may have been air raid shelters?

Remember the upstaires Barber on Saturdays and the short back and sides. Fairleigh shops? Fishing pond and all that frogspawn . . . . Ghost stories about Mary Queen of Scots, Castle and secret tunnels.....

There was a guy who made paper Kites on Faileigh anyone remember him?

I was married in St Swithuns Church in 1968 . . . . Is the School still there?

I lived right next door to you at No 7 Archdale Place from 1948. I got married (also at St Swithuns) and moved away in 1966. I can relate to everything and everyone you mentioned, some of which I'm sure I would never have remembered if you hadn't reminded me! Thanks for this

Tony

Did you attend Sunday School Albert. I can remember Rev. Pascoe vividly but I can't remember any of the other names you mention. I knew Malcom because his father was a friend of my father. I'm pretty sure Malcolm's mother was a friend of my mother as they were both members of the Women's Institute which met each Wednesday afternoon in St. Swithin's Hall. Known locally as the "Mother's Meeting" The Mercer family were always devout church goers, my family, I'm afraid, were not. However, we all had a strong affinity with several areas of the church.

I would be known as ' Terry Smith ' when I lived on the Manor, remaining as Terry Smith when I lived at 77 Holgate Crescent on the New Parson Cross until I left Colley Secondary Modern School.

I then became Albert Smith when I started work and during my Army, two years conscription service. After I got married, I became Albert T Smith.

I should add that during my working life as a Engineering Inspector, I was also known to others, by a completely different name. Sometimes I would have to produce my birth certificate to proove that they were addressing me incorrectly!!

I would be known as ' Terry Smith ' when I lived on the Manor, remaining as Terry Smith when I lived at 77 Holgate Crescent on the New Parson Cross until I left Colley Secondary Modern School.

I then became Albert Smith when I started work and during my Army, two years conscription service. After I got married, I became Albert T Smith.

I should add that during my working life as a Engineering Inspector, I was also known to others, by a completely different name. Sometimes I would have to produce my birth certificate to proove that they were addressing me incorrectly!!

In future I shall address you as A.K.A. Would it be terribly impolite of me to ask your age?

In future I shall address you as A.K.A. Would it be terribly impolite of me to ask your age?

Born: Jessops, Sheffield. 16.11.1937.

137 Windy House Lane, Manor Estate, Sheffield. S2

First School: Stand House Junior

Born: Jessops, Sheffield. 16.11.1937.

137 Windy House Lane, Manor Estate, Sheffield. S2

First School: Stand House Junior

Ah, a mere stripling of a lad AKA - yet, a fantastic memory for details. I had a younger brother your age - born 10/06/1938. His name was Alan Turner and Brian who was two years younger than him. They would have been at Stand House the same time as yourself. They were in the Cubs at ST. Swithuns, I, of course was in the Brownies.

Does anyone remember the Siddall's from Fitzhubert road.

Ah, a mere stripling of a lad AKA - yet, a fantastic memory for details. I had a younger brother your age - born 10/06/1938. His name was Alan Turner and Brian who was two years younger than him. They would have been at Stand House the same time as yourself. They were in the Cubs at ST. Swithuns, I, of course was in the Brownies.

Tosh13: Does anyone remember the Siddall's from Fitzhubert road.

The name rings a bell but what house number on Fitzhubert Road?

Tatty_Dumps: Can't say that I remember him but I must have known him. A few months either side of your age when you are five - eight years old is a generation. What Road and house number are we on about? Hopefully my sister ' Jean ' will know.

Though I can not remember having my photograph taken or seeing a photograph ever being taken before 1950. Here is a long shot:- ' Has anyone got any photographs from the Manor Estate between 1940 and 1950 please? '

(We even may see Tatty_Dumps in her bikini?!! or showing her ankle!!)

Tosh13: Does anyone remember the Siddall's from Fitzhubert road.

The name rings a bell but what house number on Fitzhubert Road?

Tatty_Dumps: Can't say that I remember him but I must have known him. A few months either side of your age when you are five - eight years old is a generation. What Road and house number are we on about? Hopefully my sister ' Jean ' will know.

Though I can not remember having my photograph taken or seeing a photograph ever being taken before 1950. Here is a long shot:- ' Has anyone got any photographs from the Manor Estate between 1940 and 1950 please? '

(We even may see Tatty_Dumps in her bikini?!! or showing her ankle!!)

oh dear i don t think we are ready for that yet do so supply an early warning love j