Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

That would depend upon how many numbers filled the circular Queen Mary Road.

No 273 could have been near the Rec and Dr Listers Surgery.

There were more numbers on the outer ring of Queen Mary Rd. Stand House would be round about 203, running along the top of the Rec. So, there were houses between Stand House and the Rec and then houses down to P.O.W. This means it has to be round about St. Theresas. Dr Listers was at the junction of Hastilar Rd and P.O.W.:wave:

Tatty Dumps:- Do you remember: Jean Smith, Raymond Smith, Horace Smith, Gorden Eastwood, Brian Starr, Mich Denton, Arther Denton, ? Cryer.? They are all around your age.

Tatty Dumps:- Do you remember: Jean Smith, Raymond Smith, Horace Smith, Gorden Eastwood, Brian Starr, Mich Denton, Arther Denton, ? Cryer.? They are all around your age.

I can vaguely remember the Smiths. Did they live anywhere near Stand House School. I went to this school, 1938-1944 and those names ring a bell. I can't recall any of the others. :)

Whereabouts on Windy House Lane was one side of the road much higher than the other? What numbers were the houses where the land slopedin this way?

"Deep and wide,

Deep and wide,

there's a fountain flowing deep and wide

Deep and wide,

Deep and wide,

there's a fountain flowing deep and wide!"

and you end up just hmmming?

chy an teg

Whereabouts on Windy House Lane was one side of the road much higher than the other? What numbers were the houses where the land slopedin this way?

"Deep and wide,

Deep and wide,

there's a fountain flowing deep and wide

Deep and wide,

Deep and wide,

there's a fountain flowing deep and wide!"

and you end up just hmmming?

chy an teg

The land was higher opposite numbers 121 to 141 Windy House Lane, I can't remember the numbers.

In three to Five house's from the Graves old persons homes: Brian Starr, Gorden Eastwood, Harry Hewett lived.

I can vaguely remember the Smiths. Did they live anywhere near Stand House School. I went to this school, 1938-1944 and those names ring a bell. I can't recall any of the others. :)

You most probably went to school with my eldest sister ' Jean '.

When I know that she is visiting I'll let you know. You'll be able to have a, ' Reet Chin Wag '.

You most probably went to school with my eldest sister ' Jean '.

When I know that she is visiting I'll let you know. You'll be able to have a, ' Reet Chin Wag '.

I'm 73, how old is Jean? I hope she's the same age - mind you I'm 74 in 4 weeks. Thars nowt ah lak better than a reet owd chin wag !:nod:

I'm 73, how old is Jean? I hope she's the same age - mind you I'm 74 in 4 weeks. Thars nowt ah lak better than a reet owd chin wag !:nod:

I'll ask her. Last time I asked she said she was Twenty One.

- I knew she was wrong - because I know she is older than me!!

"PORTRAIT OF THE MANOR in the 1930s"

There is a copy of this book by Malcolm Mercer for sale on E.Bay at the moment.

chy an teg

"PORTRAIT OF THE MANOR in the 1930s"

There is a copy of this book by Malcolm Mercer for sale on E.Bay at the moment.

chy an teg

I've looked but can't see it.

I'll get it from a library unless anyone wants to sell a copy.

I, also have looked on Ebay for a copy of this book but it is not to be found.

I have just rang Manor Library and it is out of stock - they don't sell them anymore and as a last nail in the coffin, it is out of print.

I have put an advert on Ebay for them to email me if one becomes available. I am now going to try Amazon.