Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

hello there i was born on stanground rd below paulet in 1940 we also had an air shelter our family moved from bard st in the early thirties i think the jubbs garden backed onto ours

hiya topham if it's the same jubbs they had a daughter, i have a photo of her and my youngest aunt taken in the 40s on their garden, my grandparents lived opposite the jubbs at the top of the semi circle of grass on paulet rd their name was white.

hiya topham if it's the same jubbs they had a daughter, i have a photo of her and my youngest aunt taken in the 40s on their garden, my grandparents lived opposite the jubbs at the top of the semi circle of grass on paulet rd their name was white.

hello willybite if its the same personthe end house in the block had chickens and there was an inman the same block

Hi i was born on the manor in 47 and lived at 15 stonecliff road i have gust joined the forum and it is starting to bring back memory s but it is still sketchy. I went to pipworth school but can only remember 2 class mates names a Peter Taylor and Harry Wiled

I can remember the year we had to go to the school in Darnell by bus and watching it on the telly i think it was on calender is there anybody from that year my name is Meirion Beach i read a post from a wile ago about Queen Mary Road and my dad name was there i think they moved into number 15 when ti was first built and had to move out when it was demolished

hi manaman just joined and read your post you mentioned my mum's name barbara malkin

do you have any school photos with her in them or any other info about her

does any one remember barbara malkin from fitzhubert rd or standhouse school

does any one remember the wilcoxs who lived on hastilar road and the johnsons who lived on paulett road

It's always nice when a thread posted by someone like the late Albert T Smith pops up again. I can just imagine Albert and CHAIRBOY giving Happyhippy the benefit of their combined knowledge. :thumbsup:

does any one remember barbara malkin from fitzhubert rd or standhouse school

I worked with a girl called Carol Inglis who lived, I think, on Fitzhubert Rd - but it was 50 years ago.

Hi, Im looking for my father, Alan Litter, Married to Suzy Littler... Lost contact through change of addresses, and must have searched the whole, international directory enquires, looking for a contact number or address...

Am eager to reconnect and speak soon, Have missed them Massively,

:(

Catherine Littler

Hi Alsuzy, only just joined the forum, hence the delay. My step father was born on Harborough Avenue at 119 in 1931, his parents were Bill & Anne Tarbatt. Sadly all deceased now. Bill worked at Davy United as did my step father Brian along with other members of the family. I believe my Mum met my Dad there. Next door to my grandparents at number 121 lived the Kirkbys I believe they had grown up children in the mid 50's. Hope this fills a few gaps for you.

Hi

I am interested in finding information on John and Annie Dodd who I understand lived in Suffolk Place/Close in the late 20s, early 30s. Thank you

Hi alsuzi,after I posted my info re Harborough Avenue I realised our paths must have crossed before as my family moved to Dronfield in 1958/9 until 64. Such a small world. Love to hear about your time in Dronfield.