Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

Hi, you mentioned the Argents from 78 Stonecliffe Road, this was my grandparents.

Lilian Argent her brother and sister and six step brothers and sisters the Hardwicks lived there for many years from around 1931 upto 1950 ish.

Lilian Argent married John Newstead and my father also John Newstead was born there in 1941 and his sister Jean in 1944.

Does anyone remember the Newstead,Argents,Hardwicks who all lived in the same house.

I used to play with Sharon Dolby, she will be about 55 now. I don`t remeber the paper man Lazarus, but the memory can be very selective, was it Broughs where you got broken biscuits out of a big barrel ??

My grandad, Kenneth Dorling and his sister Joan lived on the Manor in the 40s-50s.

I fail to remember where on the Manor they lived.

My grandad, Kenneth Dorling and his sister Joan lived on the Manor in the 40s-50s.

I fail to remember where on the Manor they lived.

Sorry can`t help you on that one.Have just remembered I left school in `69 and started work at the post office on the sweets counter, Mrs Bartholmew still ran it with her sons Peter and David, I worked with a girl called Cristine and Maureen worked on the post office side any one recall this ??

Sorry can`t help you on that one.Have just remembered I left school in `69 and started work at the post office on the sweets counter, Mrs Bartholmew still ran it with her sons Peter and David, I worked with a girl called Cristine and Maureen worked on the post office side any one recall this ??

My goodness this has opened the flood gates,,does anyone remember Mr Ward the co-op butcher ? he used to give my dog a bone while he was waiting for my Mum to get off the bus on pension day !

Any one live near leanard close in the 40s, i think its near prince edward school.

Putting out his message again, does anyone have a photo of a football team from Prince Edward School, not the 1948 one that Roy Sellars has but a few years later, there is David Roberts and Sid Morton on it. Have ploughed through photos in newspapers with no joy. Does anyone know where Sid Morton is now please, saw an article of his in newspaper but forgot to keep it for his address. Hoping he may have a copy.

Love reading messages that you post, husband can remember so much of what you post.

Hi,

Does anyone remember another Albert Smith whose family of three brothers and four sisters lived on Paulette road around war time? Born 1927, he went to Pipworth school.

Thanks

This is my dad, he was in the same year as Dennis Barley at Pipworth school

whats your dads name, dennis is my father in law and he often talks about living on the manor and his old mates.

whats your dads name, dennis is my father in law and he often talks about living on the manor and his old mates.

Is this the Dennis Barley who lived on Queen Mary Road, if so I would have thought he went to Prince Edward's.