Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

My mother Mary Cusick was born at 109 Harborough Ave in 1929 she is now 82,she had a brother Jack Allwood who lived at 81 The Circle around 1941.She also had 2 brothers Jim & Mick & 2 sisters Pat & Dorothy Cusick. They all attended Pipworth school.Mum & dad married in 1948 I was born in Dronfield 1950 & my brother was born at my grandmas house at 7 Wulfric Rd. We emigrated to Australia in 1956.According to Google most of the houses around 109 have been demolished.Does anyone remember my Mum or her family.Alan Littler Coffs Harbour NSW Australia

Hi there, nice to hear from you, but sadly we cannot help you, my husband was born on Windy House Lane on the Manor, in 1939, his brother Harry Hewitt lived at 3 Wulfric Close but sadly he died about 2 years ago, We have had snow this week first about 5'' on Monday then perhaps another 4'' today, aprox 160 schools are closed in South Yorkshire,

I did try to reply earlier today to you but think I went about it the wrong way so if you get 2 messages from us, thats the reason why.

Its just started snowing again, looks like we could be having a white christmas. ha ha

Didnt a Sheffield lord mayor live on Fitzhubert back in the late sixties??---oops, sorry I meant Wulfric road.

Edited by flightliner

Hi there, I left Windy House Lane in 1960 sorry cannot help you there,

My mother Mary Cusick was born at 109 Harborough Ave in 1929 she is now 82,she had a brother Jack Allwood who lived at 81 The Circle around 1941.She also had 2 brothers Jim & Mick & 2 sisters Pat & Dorothy Cusick. They all attended Pipworth school.Mum & dad married in 1948 I was born in Dronfield 1950 & my brother was born at my grandmas house at 7 Wulfric Rd. We emigrated to Australia in 1956.According to Google most of the houses around 109 have been demolished.Does anyone remember my Mum or her family.Alan Littler Coffs Harbour NSW Australia

I lived just nine doors away from your Mum, I lived at No 123.At the other side of your Mum at 107 was Mrs Wigfield, No 111 was Mrs Malkin who had to wear a built up shoe,at No 113 was the Pheonix family.

The Name Cusick is a Corruption of the Name Cusack which means a person from Cussac in Northern France so it could be that your Mums ancesters came accross with William the Conquerer.

Edited by lazarus

My Mum was at Pipworth at the same time, ask her if she remembers May (Masie) Page. Also Cyril Page her brother.

Anybody remember the Shearstone family on fitzhubert road-- number 28?

Vera Hopkinson, forum member for many years has aquired a new laptop and in doing so has lost her contact list-- also her SF password so has difficulty logging on

So if the forum members who know her would like to get in touch I have her new email address.

She mentioned a Stan Critchly who was in her class at Pipworth Rd School about 70 yrs ago when she lived on the Manor Estate and was known then as Vera Pope

hazel

not sure when we moved on manor.but went to standhouse then pipworth.rd school.we used to live 128 the circle.my family name is ward carol tony and barry. we used to live nemy parents were betty and fred wardxt door to brenda and jim foster.their son neil aka joe. was my best mate for years.would love to know where they all are.on the other side .lived the smedleys betty and husband ron .

Did you live next door to or are you called ' Denton '?

Mick & Arther (Pop) were my childhood friends who I have not met since 1945-6.

I lived on Rollet close in the late fifties early sixties, and went to St Theresa`s I can also remember the Kite man how much did they cost ? Hagues chips were the best in the world ! I can remeber sledging on the Manor Fields and falling off ! And being terrified of the ghosts, I haven`t lived in England since 75 but never forget playing on the rec until dark and hearing my mum calling !

I lived on Rollet close in the late fifties early sixties, and went to St Theresa`s I can also remember the Kite man how much did they cost ? Hagues chips were the best in the world ! I can remeber sledging on the Manor Fields and falling off ! And being terrified of the ghosts, I haven`t lived in England since 75 but never forget playing on the rec until dark and hearing my mum calling !

Do you remember Langland (I think) the paperman on Fairfax?

I lived at 69 Hastilar Rd from 1934, untill 1956, and have not seen any families that I can remember, on these pages, that I grew up with. My name is Ralph Holt, and a few of the friends I had were from the Slack family,Carter family King family, and quite a few from the Woodthorpe,(school area}, that I attended ,from 1938. Namely V Moss, C Hartley,G Whittam, R Owen, P Cross, S Atkins, these are just a few, I hope these raise a few memories.