Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

I remember you and your sister sheila you lived next door to grimleys who were on queen mary road .I was Ennis Newton a long time ago.I now live in the South of England. I expect you remember my brothers Trevor,Keith and Cyril.

I remember your family very well Ennis, I am Mavis Petch/Turner that was. We used to live bang opposite your house. Do you remember my brothers Carl, Alan and Brian? The last time I saw any of your family was when Cyril was retiring from the Police Force. He was 45 and I was just starting work there (Sheffield Police Headquarters, Snig Hill) as a cleaner.

I also remember ripping your Keith's jacket pocket off when we were larking about.

Best wishes to you and all your family. Tatty Dumps.

I remember you and your sister sheila you lived next door to grimleys who were on queen mary road .I was Ennis Newton a long time ago.I now live in the South of England. I expect you remember my brothers Trevor,Keith and Cyril.

Was Ennis Newton a train driver by any chance?

I remember a Mr Newton when i was growing up. He was a fabulous old man. Always had sweets for us and thrived on us telling him what we were up to.

His door was always open, no need to knock. Just walk in and talk away.

I remember your family very well Ennis, I am Mavis Petch/Turner that was. We used to live bang opposite your house. Do you remember my brothers Carl, Alan and Brian? The last time I saw any of your family was when Cyril was retiring from the Police Force. He was 45 and I was just starting work there (Sheffield Police Headquarters, Snig Hill) as a cleaner.

I also remember ripping your Keith's jacket pocket off when we were larking about.

Best wishes to you and all your family. Tatty Dumps.

I remember you Mavis,and Carl and Alan and Brian.I saw one of your messages about the old Irish Man who lived on the allotments.He was called Mr Whaley.My mother and father took him in as he grew old and frail I think he developed Alzheimers ,it wasnt called that in those days,and his temperament changed and as he was originally Irish he went to live with the Little sisters of the Poor.Its lovely to catch up with you.I also remeber Norman King,Mavis and Dorothy.We moved up to Cary Road to a 3 bedroomed house.Look forward to hearing from you.1st time Ihave ever replied to anything like a Forum Best wishes to you Download

Was Ennis Newton a train driver by any chance?

I remember a Mr Newton when i was growing up. He was a fabulous old man. Always had sweets for us and thrived on us telling him what we were up to.

His door was always open, no need to knock. Just walk in and talk away.

no im not a train driver as I am female , still a male domain I think,I wonder if this was my brother Keith.He was a train driver.and lived in the Queen Mary Road vicinity

Hi there If any one on the Forum goes to Scarborough this year, Go to Mrs Crossleys 4 Eastborough Scarborough YO11 1NW Best Fish and chips we have had for years, nice friendly family atmosphere.

I remember you Mavis,and Carl and Alan and Brian.I saw one of your messages about the old Irish Man who lived on the allotments.He was called Mr Whaley.My mother and father took him in as he grew old and frail I think he developed Alzheimers ,it wasnt called that in those days,and his temperament changed and as he was originally Irish he went to live with the Little sisters of the Poor.Its lovely to catch up with you.I also remeber Norman King,Mavis and Dorothy.We moved up to Cary Road to a 3 bedroomed house.Look forward to hearing from you.1st time Ihave ever replied to anything like a Forum Best wishes to you Download

Hi Ennis, I'm so glad you remember my family. Sadly Alan passed away in 1995, very young 56, cancer. I still miss him. I am in contact with the Kings via the Forum and private emails. Dorothy married an ex-boy friend of mine and they are living on the Norfolk Broads-still happily married. I live alone in Heeley and getting about on a mobility scooter. Your contact has brought back so many happy memories, I used to have a crush on your Keith but I think I am over it now. Talk soon love. Mavis

:hihi:

no im not a train driver as I am female , still a male domain I think,I wonder if this was my brother Keith.He was a train driver.and lived in the Queen Mary Road vicinity

Hi download,

Just seen your post ,yes I`m married to Dorothy King as was, Exactly what mobile Mavis said:hihi: She (Dorothy) has just beat me over the Head as I don`t know you personally she was eager to get in touch with you and chat on the phone if you get in touch with Tatty Dumps she can give you our telelphone number if you want to call. You mention Cary Road, I did have a cousin lived on Cary his name Barry Virgin also on the Sheffield Forum. By the way Dorothy tells me you were a good singer, I reckon if you and Tatty got together you would make a good duo, what with you singing and Tatty whistling,she used be a female Ronnie Renald,

Please get in touch or my life won`t be worth living.

Sapper

Hi download,

Just seen your post ,yes I`m married to Dorothy King as was, Exactly what mobile Mavis said:hihi: She (Dorothy) has just beat me over the Head as I don`t know you personally she was eager to get in touch with you and chat on the phone if you get in touch with Tatty Dumps she can give you our telelphone number if you want to call. You mention Cary Road, I did have a cousin lived on Cary his name Barry Virgin also on the Sheffield Forum. By the way Dorothy tells me you were a good singer, I reckon if you and Tatty got together you would make a good duo, what with you singing and Tatty whistling,she used be a female Ronnie Renald,

Sapper

Hi Sapper It's so good to hear Dorothy is in charge. In your reply to Ennis you mention a cousin called Virgin was their also a Margaret in the family. She was older than me and if I remember rightly she was very small her nickname was Titch Virgin. Also did she marry an American. Hi Dorothy, I hope you are well. Best love Mavis

Hi to my trolley dolly

Thought you might pop in and have a word with us. That`s right I do have a cousin who married a Canadian, called Margaret she`s still knocking about. Her brother is a Sheffield Forummer we had a short chat a few months ago on the forum. I didn`t Know they called her titch.Hey up I was only about twelve then.

All our best wishes Dorothy and Stanxx

Hi to my trolley dolly

Thought you might pop in and have a word with us. That`s right I do have a cousin who married a Canadian, called Margaret she`s still knocking about. Her brother is a Sheffield Forummer we had a short chat a few months ago on the forum. I didn`t Know they called her titch.Hey up I was only about twelve then.

All our best wishes Dorothy and Stanxx

Hey up!!!! I was only about twelve then. She happened to be a friend of my baby sitter - that's how I knew her. She was a friend of Alice Jarvis who lived at the bottom of Cary on Queen mary. By the way have you got my email about Albert? Talk soon. Love to you both. Mavis X

Hi download,

Sapper

Hi Sapper great to pick up your message,yes I do remember Barry Virgin .I would love to speak to Dorothy I cant believe after all these years that I would ever be in contact again.I will get your number from Tatty Dumps and maybe have a chat with her if she would like to.My best wishes to you and Dorothy.Will be in touch again.Download:

Hi lazarus Have just seen your thread. In it you say you worked with my grandad and my uncle roy,what did they do as i dont know a lot about them as i was fairly young when they died.Also i see your location is fantasy island,would that be the one at skegness,if so you dont live far from my dad Brian hallam who lives on trunch lane in chapel st leonards.

i was in the same class as your dad janet burton nee horry