Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

I Was Born 2 Woodthorpe Close Manor Estate In 1935. Went To Standhouse School

& Prince Edward School. Use To Fish In The Pond On Queenmary Rd & Play On The Allottments . Use To Go Over The Cematary Wall & Over The Wall To The Manor Castle. Just Great Happy Days On The Manor.

When I Visit The Uk I Always Visit The Manor. The Last Time I Came I Saw All The Houses Pulled Down . But It Will Not Stop Me Visiting The Manor When I Come To The Uk In May Of This Year.

Regards Roy.

Vera Hopkinson, nee Pope, is wanting to hear from people who knew her and to nudge their memory she remembers having a cat with wings when young.

All came to see this cat from far and wide so she is wondering if anyone remebers this event which was writen up in the Star over 60 years ago.

We thought this may bring her to mind.

Vera' Mom was a dinner lady at Pipworth Rd School (Mrs Pope ) along with Mrs Craven and Mrs Hampshire who's son was in Vera's class at school.

Mrs Hampshire lived across the Rd from Grace Bonsall.

Related to Neill and Darren? Neill had a Jack Daw called 'jack'?

It used to fly down and land on our shoulders all the time. What a great pet to have.

Yes Albert. My name is John Gilpin. Lived on Wulfric Rd. Attended StandHouse 1932_1938. Then Prince Edwards 1938 _1942. Do I remember Percy Sefton? Ive still got the scars!!!!. Hope to keep in touch from now on.Cheers,

Does anyone remeber the iron door set in the bank-side as you left the end of Waltheof Road in the Thirties?. We used to kid ourselves that this was a secret tunnel to Manor castle!!!!!!.

Yes Albert. My name is John Gilpin. Lived on Wulfric Rd. Attended StandHouse 1932_1938. Then Prince Edwards 1938 _1942. Do I remember Percy Sefton? Ive still got the scars!!!!. Hope to keep in touch from now on.Cheers,

did you know my uncle he would have left prince edward in 1942 his name is arthur sykes lived on fretson

HI Summer 55, thanks for the reply. Yes i do Know the name,Arthur Sykes,but afraid my memory is fading a bit.Do you know exactly where on fretson he lived. Love to hear more details,as we must have been in the same class.Thanks,John gilpin.

HI Summer 55, thanks for the reply. Yes i do Know the name,Arthur Sykes,but afraid my memory is fading a bit.Do you know exactly where on fretson he lived. Love to hear more details,as we must have been in the same class.Thanks,John gilpin.

he lived at number 96, it was the part between archdale road and fairfax road.he must have left school in 1942 as he was born 1928.he moved off in 1953 when he got married and moved to beighton.

Thanks Summer 1955.That would be near Manor Hotel Wouldnt it? I lived 100 yards from the pub.on the junction of Wulfric and Fitzhubert,near the wartime static water tank. I believe its now called Fretson Green and is an area with seats in it. I was born in 1928 and left school in 1942 and moved off the manor in 1955 to get married,so my history has to be very closely connected with Arthurs. The name Sykes stands out in my memory, can you give more names to think about please. Cheers,John[/i]

Thanks Summer 1955.That would be near Manor Hotel Wouldnt it? I lived 100 yards from the pub.on the junction of Wulfric and Fitzhubert,near the wartime static water tank. I believe its now called Fretson Green and is an area with seats in it. I was born in 1928 and left school in 1942 and moved off the manor in 1955 to get married,so my history has to be very closely connected with Arthurs. The name Sykes stands out in my memory, can you give more names to think about please. Cheers,John[/i]

yes i know where you mean on wulfric. yes they were just down from the manor hotel, they where a big family my mum frances is the youngest born 1930, then arthur 1928, flo 1826 they are the only ones living now the others where, joe, george, elsie, esther, annie and alice, i think next door to them where also sykes but mum said the where not related to them

my mum does not remember your name she said she used to know patricks and halls off wulfric near post office

Edited by summer1955

I was friendly wih a girl called Patrick, Mary I think, lived nr. post office.The Halls I knew lived opposite me, bottom of wulfric rd. Called Arnold and Colin. Colin I saw a few years ago in Gebthards shop,which was then run by Frank Travis off Fitzhubert. Colin then did deliveries for the Post office. Bye. John.

I was friendly wih a girl called Patrick, Mary I think, lived nr. post office.The Halls I knew lived opposite me, bottom of wulfric rd. Called Arnold and Colin. Colin I saw a few years ago in Gebthards shop,which was then run by Frank Travis off Fitzhubert. Colin then did deliveries for the Post office. Bye. John.

got to be the same ones as she said they lived near post office. she says she as forgot a lot of peoples sirnames remembers a lot of first names and where they lived, but she said she only remembers 2 families on that road, she said the other sykes on fretson road they only had a daughter.

I Was Born 2 Woodthorpe Close Manor Estate In 1935. Went To Standhouse School

& Prince Edward School. Use To Fish In The Pond On Queenmary Rd & Play On The Allottments . Use To Go Over The Cematary Wall & Over The Wall To The Manor Castle. Just Great Happy Days On The Manor.

When I Visit The Uk I Always Visit The Manor. The Last Time I Came I Saw All The Houses Pulled Down . But It Will Not Stop Me Visiting The Manor When I Come To The Uk In May Of This Year.

Regards Roy.

I remember you and your sister sheila you lived next door to grimleys who were on queen mary road .I was Ennis Newton a long time ago.I now live in the South of England. I expect you remember my brothers Trevor,Keith and Cyril.