Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

I grew up on Wulfric Place between 78 (ish) and 90. I know it's a lot later than most others on here but some of the names are familiar. Left me wondering if i knew the sons/daughters of the people being mentioned.

BTW Taffy... Did you or your family live on Scotia Close? I deffo remember that name :)

82 harborough avenue was by the croseways but we left in 63 and went down to halsall avenue then i married in 66 and got a flat on the norfolk park spent the biggest part of my life bus driving (nearly done thank god)

You're welcome!

Here's a few more of my memories. Do you remember a previous post of yours regarding Standhouse School, where you said that the reception teacher was a Miss Gillot who became Mrs Jones? The Miss Jones who was my reception teacher got married and hbecame Mrs Wall. I presume they must have been the same teacher.

The other teachers that I can remember were, Miss Asplin, Mrs Dodds, Mrs Barton, Miss Lant, Mrs Porter, Mr Rackham and Mr Hague. The headmistress was of course Miss Hartley. The caretaker was Mr Beeley.

Some of my classmates were, starting with the girls;

Pat Ackroyd, Elaine Bywater, Ann Eborall, Rita Franklin, Judith Harrison, Eileen Hope, Pauline Inckles, Barbara Malkin, Janet Metham and Jean Wright.

The boys;

Brian Allen, David Archer, Keith Barker, Ian Beever, Roy Bickerstaffe, Gerald Cowley, Brian Hallam, Alan Hill, Harry Hill, Raymond Howard, Kenneth Keys, Danny Leedham, George McLennan, Jimmy Rutherford, Barrie Savage, Peter Slinn and Derek Wright.

I confirm that Mr Bunting certainly let us know who was in charge of the Hastilar Road recreation ground.:D

Hi manaman While looking at the forum i saw you mention my dads name.Just to let you know hes still about and living in skegnes. Sadly my uncles Fred Roger and Roy have all passed away, but my nan nan gladys is still alive and living on the bottom of prince of wales road.Also did you know my grandad fred. Best wishes John

My Great Grandma used to live next door to Standhouse School from the 1930's until 1976 and my Mum was a pupil there :)

hi tatty would the Fred Hallam that you remember be Fred snr or jnr as its either my grandad or uncle. My dad is brian hallam

hi tatty would the Fred Hallam that you remember be Fred snr or jnr as its either my grandad or uncle. My dad is brian hallam

Hi there,

I knew both Freds. I am 75 so Fred senior was a little older than me. My brothers, Alan (sadly deceased) and Brian Turner were mates of Fred junior. In fact I have a picture of hoim on my bedroom wall. It includes Gilbert Benn as well, all in their kiss-me-quick cowboy hats at the seaside.

Regards Tatty

My Aunts & Uncles lived on Ravencarr Place for years.Alwyn & Mary Ryalls lived at No13,Mary was a Sunday School Teacher at St Swithins & My other Aunt & Uncle lived next door to them,Albert & Margaret Barker,they had 3 children,Gloria,Pat & Tony.

Hi manaman While looking at the forum i saw you mention my dads name.Just to let you know hes still about and living in skegnes. Sadly my uncles Fred Roger and Roy have all passed away, but my nan nan gladys is still alive and living on the bottom of prince of wales road.Also did you know my grandad fred. Best wishes John

Hi spikbadd,

I knew all your family, but knew your dad better than the rest of your family. I hadn't been aware of your uncles' deaths until I had read of them on this thread.

Regards m.

Hi there,

I knew both Freds. I am 75 so Fred senior was a little older than me. My brothers, Alan (sadly deceased) and Brian Turner were mates of Fred junior. In fact I have a picture of hoim on my bedroom wall. It includes Gilbert Benn as well, all in their kiss-me-quick cowboy hats at the seaside.

Regards Tatty

Hi tatty dumps,

That photo must have been taken when the lads went on one of the City Road clubs' trips to Skegness; when they went to reccy for a suitable house for Brian Hallam to live in later in life. :D

Regards m.

My Aunts & Uncles lived on Ravencarr Place for years.Alwyn & Mary Ryalls lived at No13,Mary was a Sunday School Teacher at St Swithins & My other Aunt & Uncle lived next door to them,Albert & Margaret Barker,they had 3 children,Gloria,Pat & Tony.

Hi keithwbb,

I had forgotten about Mrs. Ryalls until I saw your post. She was my Sunday School teacher in my earlier years. The School was held every Sunday afternoon in St. Swithins Hall. I remember that we each had an attendence book, into which a stamp was stuck for each attendence. Each week had a different stamp depicting a notable event from the bible.

Thanks for the memory.

Regards m.

Hi lazarus Have just seen your thread. In it you say you worked with my grandad and my uncle roy,what did they do as i dont know a lot about them as i was fairly young when they died.Also i see your location is fantasy island,would that be the one at skegness,if so you dont live far from my dad Brian hallam who lives on trunch lane in chapel st leonards.

Hello Spike,I worked with your Grand-dad and your Uncle Roy on John St at a firm called Lee & Wigfalls making Cutlery. The building is still there and its called the Stag Works but now a lot of bands practice there. I knocked about with Roy for around six years. I remember your Dad Brian and your Mom Jean your Uncle Fred and Uncle Roger. I hope they are all o.k. I went to Freds wedding in Liverpool I forget his wifes name. Your Dad used to work for the Y.E.B. and I think Roger went to work in the Pit when he left school ( I may be wrong about that ) Your Grand-dad used to have a stall at a market in I think it was Stockport selling Cutlery but the time I went with him and Roy we spent more time in the Pub.If I can help with anything about your Grand-dad just ask.No I dont live in Skeggie, Fantasy Island is just where most people I talk to seem to live ( their head in the clouds) I actually like on Gleadless Valley.