Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

Hi Vera,

Thanks for PM. I live in Norfolk UK not Norfolk USA. Burrill Lakes are about 230 miles south of where you are,the nephew moved out there in1957, t6he rest of the family stayed down in Victoria, they are still there.

I have kept a watching brief on the forum since 2005,and I put a post in about Crab Tree farm, and the old swimming pool as you went into Bowden House Stead woods.If you followed the path from Crabtree farm straight through the woods it would bring you out where the triangle estate is.

I don`t know if you use Google Earth at all but I use it quite a lot,if you down load the freebie software you can follow the some of the destruction of the old Manor Estate, thats how I knew how far you were from Burrill Lakes.

Well Vera that`s about it for now,

Sapper211

Hi There,

I am going to find the thread on the Farm should be interesting. Hm! used to get our best Bluebells from the woods. remember the the old fella who used to look after the baths I never swam there at all don't know who did. lol....

I have looked at that G. earth and couldn't follow it will get help with that one. I know my old house is now a carpark? Used to go to he Lyric and Bugs Hut and walk home thru the woods there. Pooh! wouldn't risk it these days no.

Cheers for now. Vera.

You`ll find that post about Crabtree Farm dated 25/9/2007,in answer to one of posts.

You`ll find that post about Crabtree Farm dated 25/9/2007,in answer to one of posts.

Hi There, Found the threads ok that was a couple of years ago. I miss a lot when I don't check in regular. Yeh! the Woods lived at the farm too. Did you know the Gladwins Walt and Roy opposite Bradshaws house( school caretaker)

Eh do you remember Big Blackey the school dog that was always with the Hodgetts family.. Good to reminise when so far away from home I love to know whats happening since I dont have many connections there now. I have been home a couple of times but last time I only stayed 10 days. Nice to talking to you

Regards Vera.

hiya does anybody remember my father in law Albert Brown (Parrot) i think he lived on fizhubert rd with his parents, and had brothers freddy, joe , a sister called Elsie also lived near to a mrs Reid who had a son called peter.

Hi , nuttycow13,

Can't remember much about the brown family think they might have lived at the other side of the reids, but I lived next door to the Reid family in 69/70 remember Mrs reid and son peter and his wife sylvia, believe there was also another son, was only told yesterday by one of their relatives, that sylvia had very recently died

my mum says the guy who made the kites was mr Jobar or it couls have been Joe Bar?

Hi , nuttycow13,

Can't remember much about the brown family think they might have lived at the other side of the reids, but I lived next door to the Reid family in 69/70 remember Mrs reid and son peter and his wife sylvia, believe there was also another son, was only told yesterday by one of their relatives, that sylvia had very recently died

hiya yes she died last week, funeral next tuesday/wednesday i think, The other son had a daughter who lived with mrs reid named susan who is my sister in law. Susan married Albert Browns oldest son michael.

I remember the Brown family, I lived next door but one to them. Your father in law had his back garden full of rhubarb and he used to sell it in bunches for 6p or a shilling. I last saw Muriel about 30 years ago, she walked very badly but she always worked - she was working in an office at the top of Church street. I don't remember Ken very well he must have been older than me, I am 74. They lived next door to the Hobsons whose son was killed outside Stand House school and then there was us on the corner, next to the fish pond, the Turner family. On the other side there was the Robinson family, whose son , Bernard married Doris Hobson, sister of Edward the boy who was killed, they were childhood sweethearts and last time I saw them they were still very happy. Aaaaaah sweet memories.
hi babe just to let you know i am back up and running love j

hi babe just to let you know i am back up and running love j

Welcome back cleegirl !!!

Does this mean they have finally given you parole?

Lovely to hear from you sweetie I will ring you soon Love Tatty Dumps

Does anyone remember the Nelson family. They lived on Harborough Avenue and had two children Reginald and Jackie.

My dad was born in 1923 on the manor estate he lived on prince of walse road not sure of the number his mam and dad were called wilf and alice lister he had a sister called mary who died in 1926ish he lived there until just after the war when he met my mum they married in 1946 and went to live in grimesthorpe sheffield then they got there first house in 1954 at firth park both lived there until they both passed away my dad 1994 my mum 2007

Hi Glenowl,

Was you Dad Dougie Lister who lived on the right han side of POW Rd coming down,and before that on the Circle, if so i worked with him at Firth Browns and was a friend of his for a number of years before he went in the navy

hi

does anyone now maria colley use to work at moore&wright.i now she addtwins.

i use to work with her in the 50s.