Did you live on the Manor Estate in the 1930s - 50s?

It probably was ALBERT T SMITH,my kid brother got married there in the 80s.

My Dads brothers lived on the Manor,Ray,Joe,Sam.My Dad was called Jack.

I attended Stand House School, and my first teacher was Miss Vere (jolly plump lady). Do you remember Miss Hartley, the Headmistress, with her hair in a bun? I remember Miss Dodd, Miss Carr who played the piano for assembly (she became Mrs. Walker and later taught my son and daughter at Stradbroke School), Miss Dimbelby, she wore her hair in two plaits wound round her ears like earphones (didn't like her), also Mr. Hague who joined the Navy in the War.

Hello, I was born in 1957 in a cottage on City Rd behind what is now the large music store (?Carlsbro) and we moved to 17 Wulfric Place when I was a baby. I was christened at St Swithun's and started Prince Edward's school in 1962. I remember being terrified of walking up Queen Mary Rd as there was a 'mucky' house ( my mum said! ) with lots of kids and one of their boys used to torment me at school, anyway I used to run past as quick as I could till I got to the top. There were prefabs on the opposite side of Wulfric Rd then and I remember the gales when my dad and some other men went and helped tie the prefabs down with huge ropes. Our chimney fell in and just missed me in my bed, and later we saw a piece about our street in the Star, we were famous! Or so we thought!

I attended Stand House School, and my first teacher was Miss Vere (jolly plump lady). Do you remember Miss Hartley, the Headmistress, with her hair in a bun? I remember Miss Dodd, Miss Carr who played the piano for assembly (she became Mrs. Walker and later taught my son and daughter at Stradbroke School), Miss Dimbelby, she wore her hair in two plaits wound round her ears like earphones (didn't like her), also Mr. Hague who joined the Navy in the War.

I'm almost certain that Miss Hartley was my Headmistress and Miss Dodd my first teacher. The first day that I attended Stand House School I went home at playtime. I only live across the road at 137, Windy House Lane. At that time the only traffic about was either the Councils, Post Office or Police.

The first fatal road accident that I witnessed, and I still have flash backs. Happened outside the schools care-takers house on Queen Mary Road. A boy jumped onto the side of a road-sweeper, that also cleaned out the road drains. After he'd jumped on the side of the truck he slipped and was caught by the brushes which swept him straight under the back wheel of the truck.

It probably was ALBERT T SMITH,my kid brother got married there in the 80s.

My Dads brothers lived on the Manor,Ray,Joe,Sam.My Dad was called Jack.

Is the surname ' Gears or Greers '? & do you have three sisters? Barbara, Brenda, Maureen?

Is the surname ' Gears or Greers '? & do you have three sisters? Barbara, Brenda, Maureen?

No mate my family are called Siddall.

My Aunty Beattie's husband was called Joe he was a smashing old guy ,My Aunty May lived with them.they had a daughter & her husband is called Pete they lived opposite the big church on the right hand side of the road going towards town on City Road.Have not seen them for years.

yes its the same person now you mentioned his name being joe it came back to me and i know their daughter lives down city road way.i know my mum and dad spoke to them many of times but im going back years ago my dad as been dead 14 years now and not sure when my mum last spoke to their daughter but it was only the other week my mum mentioned her and i cant remember her name. old age creeping up on me having a mid life crisis lol

yes its the same person now you mentioned his name being joe it came back to me and i know their daughter lives down city road way.i know my mum and dad spoke to them many of times but im going back years ago my dad as been dead 14 years now and not sure when my mum last spoke to their daughter but it was only the other week my mum mentioned her and i cant remember her name. old age creeping up on me having a mid life crisis lol

I am her relative & I cannot remember her name ,I will ask my sister.

I'm almost certain that Miss Hartley was my Headmistress and Miss Dodd my first teacher. The first day that I attended Stand House School I went home at playtime. I only live across the road at 137, Windy House Lane. At that time the only traffic about was either the Councils, Post Office or Police.

The first fatal road accident that I witnessed, and I still have flash backs. Happened outside the schools care-takers house on Queen Mary Road. A boy jumped onto the side of a road-sweeper, that also cleaned out the road drains. After he'd jumped on the side of the truck he slipped and was caught by the brushes which swept him straight under the back wheel of the truck.

I remember Fred Armstrong, Ina Stevenson and Doreen Bloomer from Windyhouse Lane, the Spowage family who lived opposite the school on Queen Mary Road, Jack Bottomley, Batty twins and the Newton family on Bassledene Road.

Do you remember the fire engine which crashed during the war on Prince of Wales Road outside the Community Centre (now no longer existing sadly due to vandalism).

Also Mr. Bunting who kept everyone in check on the rec on Hastilar Road.

I am searching for relatives of William Harry ( or Henry ) Pennington who died at 10 Manor Park Place, Manor Park in August 1960. His occupation was given as retired licensed victualler. Any help gratefully accepted as that is all I know apart from his wife may have been Elizabeth or any name starting with E. Also he may have worked in Grimsby in 1940 and then moved to Scarborough around 1943. He may also have spent time in India prior to 1940. Janet Clarke

I remember Fred Armstrong, Ina Stevenson and Doreen Bloomer from Windyhouse Lane, the Spowage family who lived opposite the school on Queen Mary Road, Jack Bottomley, Batty twins and the Newton family on Bassledene Road.

Do you remember the fire engine which crashed during the war on Prince of Wales Road outside the Community Centre (now no longer existing sadly due to vandalism).

Also Mr. Bunting who kept everyone in check on the rec on Hastilar Road.

The name Bloomer on Windy House Lane rings a bell. I'm minded to think that they lived just above the Police Box next to Fitzubert Road.

Mr Bunting ensured that the Recreation Ground was used for the benefit of everyone by his instant justified punishment. That's why no damage was cause there.

I do remember the Community Centre, though I can't recall the Fire Engine accident.

If my memory serves me right, it was either hit by a incendiary bomb or burnt out. Hopefully someone will join us and add their own bits that we can all read about it.

Was the Community Centre, which you mention, the one opposite Dr Lister's surgery at the Junction of Hastilar Road and Prince of Wales Road? Or was it the hall that I've always though was one situated at the top of the Estate onlong Queen Mary Road, between Windy House lane and Prince of Wales Road. I believe in the late 40s early 50s prefabs were built in that area.

The name Bloomer on Windy House Lane rings a bell. I'm minded to think that they lived just above the Police Box next to Fitzubert Road.

Mr Bunting ensured that the Recreation Ground was used for the benefit of everyone by his instant justified punishment. That's why no damage was cause there.

I do remember the Community Centre, though I can't recall the Fire Engine accident.

If my memory serves me right, it was either hit by a incendiary bomb or burnt out. Hopefully someone will join us and add their own bits that we can all read about it.

Was the Community Centre, which you mention, the one opposite Dr Lister's surgery at the Junction of Hastilar Road and Prince of Wales Road? Or was it the hall that I've always though was one situated at the top of the Estate onlong Queen Mary Road, between Windy House lane and Prince of Wales Road. I believe in the late 40s early 50s prefabs were built in that area.

The Manor Community Centre was burnt out through incendiary bombs during the Sheffield Blitz and was opposite the White House Dr. Lister's surgery, later to become Dr. and Mrs. Halle's surgery. There was a bowling green and tennis courts. It was the Salvation Army Hall on Queen Mary Road.