The Company Shop - Tankersley

I pestered my son for ages to get a Card for this place, as he works for NHS. I went with him a few times but came to the conclusion that its nothing to write home about. The only thing I ever got a real bargain on was the Milk and that doesn't last long.

Theres a lot of M&S chilled stuff/pasta salads etc reduced but whats the point buying more than a couple of those to go off later same day. I only ever saw very few meat Bargains and little still Frozen stuff on offer.

thats a good account of it tara i think some people think it is as cheap as chips (to coin a phrase) in there, i for one dont think it is, when it was marrons it built a reputation as being very cheap and its stuck, its not that good now?

I defo think it was much cheaper & better stuff when it was marrens.

Although sometimes you can really drop on a bargain like m&s extra lean mince last week was 33p a pack! They also had steak in at half price & half price chickens.

But today I went and they had nothing of interest,just the usual waitrose/m&s pasta dishes that were around £1.50 I think.

It is still owned by Marren just changed its name when new premises built.

Hi, I used to be a member years ago but it seems now that unless you work for a specific company eg food manufacturer or emergency services you do not qualify to join. the only criteria you needed was to be an employee of a company (hence The Company Shop) does anyone know whats gone wrong and why us mere mortals are not allowed in anymore. or if there is a was of getting round this.

Thanks

Theres a long thread already on this. The criteria will be in there.

Hi, I used to be a member years ago but it seems now that unless you work for a specific company eg food manufacturer or emergency services you do not qualify to join. the only criteria you needed was to be an employee of a company (hence The Company Shop) does anyone know whats gone wrong and why us mere mortals are not allowed in anymore. or if there is a was of getting round this.

Thanks

It's been like that since joined 7 years ago?

Hello

Can you get a membership card if you are a retired policeman/current builder. Or with a university of sheffield profession.

Cheers

Thanks

My Bold

Its never been like that, before it was called the company shop it was called Marrons and it was not like that then. when it was Marrons you could become a member if you was employed by the Fire Service Police Service and the NHS.

---------- Post added 30-10-2017 at 20:57 ----------

Hello

Can you get a membership card if you are a retired policeman/current builder. Or with a university of sheffield profession.

Cheers

Membership Criteria

C & P

Company Shop eligibility

To qualify for Company Shop Limited membership, applicants must:

Be over 18 years of age

Either be employed by, or are retirees of our partners, OR

Work in the emergency services – including the Fire Brigade, Police and those employed directly by the NHS

So i think the answer to your question is No No and No

I go there occasionally, but it’s a bit off putting when the women crowd around a shelf with particularly good bargains on, snatching away at whatever is in arms reach. It’s like a shark feeding frenzy.

It's not quite as simple as just turning up with a wage slip.

You make an application online and they let you know if you're accepted. You can then go into store with proof of ID, proof of address and your most two recent wage slips to get your card.

That's correct. You apply online first. Then you get an email confirming your acceptance. Then you turn up at the store with your ID. We did the same, only when we got there their admin system wasn't up to date or something and they wouldn't let us in! It's a 30 mile round trip for us, but hey-ho! Tankersley is such a lovely place to visit anyway.

---------- Post added 01-11-2017 at 13:16 ----------

I go there occasionally, but it’s a bit off putting when the women crowd around a shelf with particularly good bargains on, snatching away at whatever is in arms reach. It’s like a shark feeding frenzy.

Do you think they should cage such women and throw the bargains to them?

Off up there on Friday,some real bargains especially on meat,I can fill the freezer for £30

and it lasts us weeks before I have to go again.

Do you think they should cage such women and throw the bargains to them?

I’d pay money to see that :hihi:

---------- Post added 01-11-2017 at 19:07 ----------

Tankersley is such a lovely place to visit anyway.

oh, you were being sarcastic. Good one :)