The Company Shop - Tankersley

Wrong.

The shop operates on a membership basis with access limited to the following:

Employees of our partners

Retirees of our partners

Workers in the emergency services including the NHS, Fire Brigade and Police.

Yes but where am i wrong, i want you to explain what our partners means?

Companies who supply them with stuff I guess. So employees (and retirees) of manufacturers, factories, (haulage maybe ?) and supermarkets.

Hence my MIL having a card because she used to work for Bassett's.

Companies who supply them with stuff I guess. So employees (and retirees) of manufacturers, factories, (haulage maybe ?) and supermarkets.

Hence my MIL having a card because she used to work for Bassett's.

All i will say at this late hour is supermarket employees and such employees of Bassets "as where" are not eligible for membership of the company shop. you know who is eligible you have just been looking, its the supply manufacturers and they can only buy there own stuff.

Please correct me if ime wrong

good night

kidley

I've recently got a card, does anyone know if they check you still work for the same company or do I now have membership for life?

I will deff go again, spent 80 quid, but I must remember to take more bags next time!

Thanks

Charlotte

I've recently got a card, does anyone know if they check you still work for the same company or do I now have membership for life?

I will deff go again, spent 80 quid, but I must remember to take more bags next time!

Thanks

Charlotte

No they do not check what your work is after you become a member its for life, even when you become an O A P, not that i think you are any where near there yet:)

With respect where am i wrong?

Clearly you weren't spot on! :hihi:

You do need to keep your card reasonably active though. Sometimes they have a clear out and cancel cards which haven't been used for a long time (usually 2 years but someone told me it's less now). If you are no longer employed by the company you can't have another card.

So all those on good money can have a card but all those who NEED one can whistle what good principles they work on.The police dont need it or the NHS or the council or the fire brigade they are all on good wages why should they be priviledged.

I agree surely any cheap food should go to people who are struggling to survive.

I agree surely any cheap food should go to people who are struggling to survive.

In theory yes, but then so should bank bonuses and lottery wins and all wages over the average wage. NHS nursing salaries start at £21,388 uncomfortably less than the average wage. Life just isn't fair.

i think that would equate to 95% of the country.

And if you want a card i can get you a porters job in the NHS if you want it

---------- Post added 19-05-2013 at 21:58 ----------

So all those on good money can have a card but all those who NEED one can whistle what good principles they work on.The police dont need it or the NHS or the council or the fire brigade they are all on good wages why should they be priviledged.

Here is a big money job for you.

http://www.mysheffieldjobs.co.uk/healthcare-assistants-2435088/?utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed

http://www.thecareerengineer.com/job/1032527/sheffield/transport-operative?cmpid=aggregator_Indeed

It really does show you don't know what you are talking about

Edited by kidley

Not everyone who works for the Police, Fire, NHS and Council etc are on good wages.

Anyway, it's their business and they can admit who they wish.