Advice for last week's training for half marathon?

Hi

Feeling nervous in the last week before the big day on Sunday! Hoping to run it in under two hours - ran round Derwent twice last weekend in under two hours and could probably have gone faster on the first lap. Intending to swim twice this week, an hour each, for stamina and go for shortish runs on other days, not running on Fri or Sat, not drinking alcohol on Fri and Sat. My first time - so feeling nervy!

Any tips?

Thanks,

Katy

Hi Katy,

can't offer you much advice, but I am feeling the same nerves, since I'll be running it for the first time too! :bigsmile:

The advice I've been given, is not to do much in the last week. So i'll be doing just a bit of cycling and won't do anything at all on friday and saturday.

And I won't eat anything unusual, just in case...

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Hannah

How did it go Hannah? I stopped feeling nervous on the day and surprised myself by really enjoying the whole experience. I could have pushed myself more, but don't want to make it too hard to improve on my time next time! Am even considering a full marathon!

Katy

Hi Katy,

same experience here! I thought it would be one long struggle, but I really enjoyed it! I ran (or should I say jogged :hihi: ) at an easy pace to make sure I would make the full track (only made it up to 10 miles when training) rather than running faster and having to walk the last bit. Like you said, at least it leaves a lot of room for improvement :bigsmile:

It has definately encouraged me to do more races! No full marathon for me though, although my boyfriend is considering that, since he got such a fast time!

Hannah