The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

Hi everyone I'm back ... not sure if any of you remember me but just over a year ago I tried to quit with a really good incentive, but unfortunatley have been off and on with the ciggies ever since, and for the last 5 months have been smoking about 30 a day without a break, I feel terrible both physically and mentally ... I am now on day 4 of champix, I haven't told any of my nearest and dearest probably because they will all say here we go again ( any of you that do remember me might recall that I have been trying to quit ever since I started which is about 32 years ago !) anyway, hubby is due home from work for two weeks on Wednesday which will be day 10 of the pills and we have a very hectic social time ahead, he will be home for 2 weeks so I'm not sure whether to quit on day 8 giving me a couple of days free of smoking before he gets back or whether to wait until he goes back to work, by which time I will have been on the pills for over 3 weeks which seems like a long time to be smoking and taking the pills (by the way hubby smokes for Australia so it does make it hard to quit ! ) any advice on this would be appreciated ...

Also I would just like to say thankyou to all the oldies that keep on posting here, you are all inspirational, without knowing it you may have saved someone's life ... keep up the good work ...

well, here we go again, wish me luck ...

Sue x

P.S wonder how long it will take for my nearest and dearest to notice that I'm not smoking again ... will let you all know :)

Sorry to drag this old thread up but does anybody know of a good Hypnotherapist to help quit smoking?

Obviously, names/numbers required.

Thanks

k all been a month today without a fag smoked for over 20 years went for cold turkey option would like to here from people trying to quit

Guest sibon
k all been a month today without a fag smoked for over 20 years went for cold turkey option would like to here from people trying to quit

Merged into megathread.

Congratulations by the way. I'm on my third smoke free year. It does get easier. (And easier to get upstairs:))

thankyou still seems like a mountain to climb but youve done well 3 years is fantastic

On friday I will be 8 weeks smoke free :)

On friday I will be 8 weeks smoke free :)

nice one just keep going one day at a time its 7 weeks today for me

I have attempted to stop on numberous occasions, this time will be my first time cold turkey, and to be honest i feel more in control.

Im on day 3 and dont get me wrong the cravings are there but feel like i can fight em better this time,

I stopped for 9 months in 2010 when my dad got diagnosed with lung cancer, stupidly i lit a cig up when my dad was dying and that was 18 months ago, i promised my dad i would do it, so here i am.

Good luck everyone

Rach x

I have attempted to stop on numberous occasions, this time will be my first time cold turkey, and to be honest i feel more in control.

Im on day 3 and dont get me wrong the cravings are there but feel like i can fight em better this time,

I stopped for 9 months in 2010 when my dad got diagnosed with lung cancer, stupidly i lit a cig up when my dad was dying and that was 18 months ago, i promised my dad i would do it, so here i am.

Good luck everyone

Rach x

I found Allen Carr's 'Easy way to stop smoking,' a really good book.

Going cold turkey is the best way.No replacement therapy,just hard cold turkey for 5 days.

Merged into megathread.

Congratulations by the way. I'm on my third smoke free year. It does get easier. (And easier to get upstairs:))

But perhaps never goes away.I finished painting the garden table earlier and decided I would have a coffee and a cigarette.I stopped 5 years ago !!!

Right please read this before you jump on me, the easiest thing in the world to do, is to stop smoking. Now read the bold below.

The hardest thing to do is to stay stopped

I will be 7 years in November since I stopped I had no patches or anything, I was told the patches could enduce another heart attack, so had to do it on willpower.

The main thing that helped me to stop was I came within one week of dying, quite a wake up call. It is not easy to give up, I was between 20 & 40 a day. I decided my life was a better option, don't get me wrong there were times I might fancy one for a split second, but that's all it is. My wife still smokes but I have no desire to do so, I want to live.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE WHO IS STOPPING OR ATTEMPTING TO STOP

If you rent a hotel room are you legally allowed to smoke in it because you are renting the room? Same as if you rent property to liv ein are you legally allowed to smoke in there?