The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

I am on day 7 being ciggie free.

as baileys mum said, cold turkey and keep very busy. my house has never been so tidy, been clearing out cupboards, doing diy projects and allsorts. I`ve got several jobs waiting, such as taking up trousers and wiring up my cooker hood(which i fitted yesterday)and when i get the urge for a fag I do a job instead to take my mind off it. It has been very hard not to reach for the fags, but have already started to feel better, although we never smoked in the house my kids always seemed to have a cough, none of them are coughing now, that on its own is enough to stop me having another fag!

goodluck in stopping mate

i asked for the new drug recently at the doctors and they said they couldn't prescribe it and prescribed zyban instead, which is ok, it's not perfect, i'm still having to work hard at it, but it has reduced the cravings a lot..

many thanks folks the doc did offer me the new nicotine brain inhibitor but says it has loads of side effects and tells me that i had better stick to the patches along with nicorette micro tabs that you stick under the tongue, they are supposed to stop the cravings !! i will keep you all updated and agree to be slated off big time on here if i dont succeed.. i have even been round the local shops and told them im barred from buying any baccy related products.. its going to be hard.. BUT IM HARDER !!:roll:

:thumbsup: Am on day 6 but using nicotine gum.

Huge respect to the cold turkey quitters

Look up the Allen Carr thread and believe. It's easy.

I started on the patches but didn't have time to go to dr's to get them free & refused to pay for them, so eventually went cold turkey. I was on 30 a day & been smoking for 25 years, no-one can believe that I of all people no longer smoke & I am now after giving up for 4 months now the worst anti smoker going.

I can't believe I smelled as bad as that, I would have given up after a year if I had known.

Nabsdabs1 try it for a week then smell a smoker, its enough to put you off for life.

Don't get me wrong I still get the urges & cravings now after all this time but I don't want to be smelly.

Start knitting, works a treat!

i gave up smoking when geoffrey howe put 14 p on fags just think about the tax you pay on them, smokers drinkers moterist are just money cows