The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

Well, I totally forgot about this forum, and only stumbled across it again by accident. I will be 6 years smoke free at the end of this year. Hope all other quitters are doing just as well x

Well done! Keep up the good work!

1 month 2 weeks for me :) 10 years on 30 a day I have to say I'm proud.. 3rd time lucky on ecig! Good luck everyone xx

Well, I totally forgot about this forum, and only stumbled across it again by accident. I will be 6 years smoke free at the end of this year. Hope all other quitters are doing just as well x

Gratz Eclipse296

I am 4 yrs 7 months since started Champix:)

hello all. my friend is wanting to stop smoking and is finding it very difficult so now thinking about getting hypnotised to stop. just wondering if anybody has tried it and think that its worth paying the money to do it... help and opinions would be appreciated :thumbsup:

Stopped smoking 36yrs ago after visiting an Hypnotherapist after smoking for 20yrs, my Wife went on the same day his daughter hypnotised her.

We both walked out and have never touched a cigarette since.

The money we saved bought us our house.

This is such a positive thread! Congrats to all of you who managed it and don't give up hope all of you who still want to!

Just an update that it is 8 years today that I have up thanks to Champix. Sad to see the forum so quiet now but it really helped me with the encouragement of others on here. I cannot believe I ever smoked now. Why did I do that and waste so much money!!!

I've been free for nearly ten years now with the help of Nicorette. I know for a fact that one cigarette would be all I would need to get going again. But the main thing is that Cigarettes are so expensive today I couldn't afford them on my pension. A single pack costs over eight dollars here, a carton of 200 over eighty. I don't know what you pay in the UK but I bet its about the same as we pay.

I've been free for nearly ten years now with the help of Nicorette. I know for a fact that one cigarette would be all I would need to get going again. But the main thing is that Cigarettes are so expensive today I couldn't afford them on my pension. A single pack costs over eight dollars here, a carton of 200 over eighty. I don't know what you pay in the UK but I bet its about the same as we pay.

Benson and Hedges Gold/Embassy 1 are just short of a tenner (c.$14.50).

B&H blue (cheapo version to compete with the cheap brands) are $8.89 for 18. So not far off difference now.

Twenty benson or embassy 1 are £9.85 here buck,the cheap ones are about £7,I am going to stop for good at the end of the month,I am sick of spending over £100 a week to make myself ill,stupid isn't it.

Twenty benson or embassy 1 are £9.85 here buck,the cheap ones are about £7,I am going to stop for good at the end of the month,I am sick of spending over £100 a week to make myself ill,stupid isn't it.

Did you read my post before typing, or did we cross post? It's an enormous coincidence that our posts almost matched if we cross posted :hihi:

Did you read my post before typing, or did we cross post? It's an enormous coincidence that our posts almost matched if we cross posted :hihi:

It seems you type faster than me,strange that they are almost the same.