The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

Hi all, i've quit with Champix, last cigarette was on the 18th Jan 2012. One problem, when do you stop thinking about having one. I think about it daily more than once a day, and yes the cravings only last a short time, but i'm sick of thinking about it if that makes sense. :gag:

wow not many people come on here now, i feel like i'm in the abyss lol.. Anyway just to say still not smoking. Not thinking about it as much, but boy when i do its hard!!!

Hi everybody.

I've not posted here for a while so here goes.

It's been over 9 months for me now but I had a little wobble when I stopped the champix. I'm back on them for now and also back on track again.

I just couldn't stop thinking about cigs and in the end started sneaking the odd puff here and there. I knew I had to do something about it or I'd just give in to the cravings and start smoking properly again.

I spoke to my doc who immediately prescribed me another 2 months worth of champix (1 per day). I've got 3 weeks worth left to go and I'm just hoping that when they finish I'll be ok without them.

At the moment I do still think about them now and again and that really bugs me. I feel as if I shouldn't be feeling like this by now.

So in answer to your question juliemo1202..............I suppose it affects different people in different ways but for me I do unfortunately get these feelings and feel quite frustrated when I do. My husband stopped smoking over 25 years ago and he says there's times when he really feels like a fag so it might be something we just have to put up with and find ways of pushing the thoughts out of our minds.

Rothschild - I hate to upset you but nearly 3 years on and I still think about them, not in a "gimme a fag or I'll rip your head off" sort of way, more like the loss of something much loved. Right now, I just know that my cup of tea was much better when drunk outside with a ciggy in my hand.

Edited by parcher

Rothschild - I hate to upset you but nearly 3 years on and I still think about them, not in a "gimme a fag or I'll rip your head off" sort of way, more like the loss of something much loved. Right now, I just know that my cup of tea was much better when drunk outside with a ciggy in my hand.

Yeah that still crops up from time to time with me and I gave up 8 years ago :hihi: I know that's not funny but i'm knew and I want to use every gizmo the site offers :thumbsup:

given up now for 14 months, (12/11/10) and have now weaned myself of the chewing gum, still have the cravings but find walking past a smoker does the trick, but as time has gone by the cravings are not as often, keep it up all of you.

I am into my third year of not smoking now. I never even think about smoking. I lost all desire to smoke within weeks of stopping. I knew from that point that I would never smoke again. I read the Allen Carr Easy way book which helped greatly. When I see smokers huddled outside pubs now having their fix I just feel sorry for them.

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Champix) - onlinecheappills.com I recieved my pills within one week of ordering them.

P.S. 5% discount coupon code: 4y3g6f4k

I stopped smoking after reading about Champix on here so THANKYOU

Took my first tablet on my Son's 16th Birthday in January 2009 as an incentive and it worked.

Haven't had a cigarette since finishing my course of tablets, My Daughter and Son in Law stopped with them as well.

I was terrified of craving for years like I had heard or read but have been fine, and know I will never smoke again and still cant believe I managed to quit.

Denise

I stopped smoking after reading about Champix on here so THANKYOU

Took my first tablet on my Son's 16th Birthday in January 2009 as an incentive and it worked.

Haven't had a cigarette since finishing my course of tablets, My Daughter and Son in Law stopped with them as well.

I was terrified of craving for years like I had heard or read but have been fine, and know I will never smoke again and still cant believe I managed to quit.

Denise

Well done Denise :D Im stopping tomorrow-with patches and willpower. Im not able to have tablets because of medication Im on.

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Champix) - onlinecheappills.com I recieved my pills within one week of ordering them.

P.S. 5% discount coupon code: 4y3g6f4k