The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

I smoked heavily for 30 years and I can only answer by saying that they are as stupid as I was.

I smoked heavily for 30 years and I can only answer by saying that they are as stupid as I was.

What he said and the fact that nicotine is highly addictive. Although, I was a light smoker, for about 6 years, it's something I truly regret.

when i was at school (many years ago) there used to be a few smokers in the toilets and some of my mates smoked they tried to get me to smoke i wonder what my health would be like now if id started back then im 59 now i wonder if id reached this age if id started smoking

I smoked 20+ per day for over 30 years.

I started smoking because my mates did (peer group pressure)

I smoked for more than 30 years because I was addicted and kidded myself that I enjoyed it. I know now that I was mistaking feeding my addiction for pleasure.

I stopped smoking because I had had enough of being controlled by a little white stick.

FREE AT LAST!

Enjoyment first, then habit and addiction.

Hello.

Started champix 1 November 2010 stopped after 10 days, its now 1 year 19 days since i last had a puff

:)

Why do people smoke?

Because they want to

I smoke to stop catching colds off the bus. Dr Singh says smoking kills bacteria on the back of the throat. Last time I was ill was sometime in 1985. I never smoked then.

I started smoking when i was 16 i think they called them Consulate or something like that. I have been stopped about 7 years now, best thing i ever did.

I smoked for 40 plus years, totally stupid, cost a fortune AND got lung cancer. It would be sensible to ban it altogether but it would infringe civil liberties - it is NOT illegal !!

I dont smoke anymore, had major surgery, health and fitness ruined, but thankfull to still be alive.

DONT BE AN IDIOT,STOP NOW.ITS EASIER THAN YOU THINK.

I smoked for 40 plus years, totally stupid, cost a fortune AND got lung cancer. It would be sensible to ban it altogether but it would infringe civil liberties - it is NOT illegal !!

I dont smoke anymore, had major surgery, health and fitness ruined, but thankfull to still be alive.

DONT BE AN IDIOT,STOP NOW.ITS EASIER THAN YOU THINK.

The only difficult bit about stopping smoking is making your mind up to do it. Once you have dismissed smoking as an option (making your mind up), it becomes easy.

It was stress for me, I smoked only for 7 years but 30+ fags a day.

I stopped smoking last year, and I'm glad I did. But there were health reasons that meant I had no option but to stop, or I probably would still be smoking now.