The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

well done chuck- thats top news!! I found the ability to breathe again to be one of the first things to come back- just wait till you can smell things properly again- going into a restaurant is amazing!!

x

thanks honey :)

the negative thing about the smell thing is I can smell people more who dont smell very nice and it makes me feel ill :gag: when before i'd get a whiff and that would be it.

I get some funny looks though when I spray perfume around myself to stop me from being ill.

my quit day was last monday and so far so good :)

champix is working for me so far, the upside being no cravings (oh and the dreams!!!), there really isnt that "pain in the belly" mad craving you get when going cold turkey! the only downside seems to be that sicky feeling when i take the morning dose (only lasts about 20 mins though).

i have had a couple of iffy moments, but more related to "habit" than craving....everytime i get off a bus i feel like i ought to light up:) and getting home in the afternoon can be a bit stressy................i wonder how long it takes for these habits to break?

pretty bad nicotine withdrawl this week also, plenty of headaches,chest pains, that feeling of being spaced out and now the dreaded cough has started :( i googled this tho' and looks like it only lasts for about 10 days.

really really felt like a smoke about 5 mins ago, so came on here and posted this instead!

i already feel like a non-smoker and have no intention of going back there:suspect:

good luck to you all

I have read loads of horror stories now re this drug..bloomin el should I carry on. I don't think I can miss my odd glass of wine as well!!!

i had a couple of glasses last night, first drink in a week. it made no difference to me and i slept just the same, just the usual "very real" dreams :)

Hi everyone ! Hi Yomama, Gemini, Rustee and others..

A few will remember me from 2 years ago !

Hello Glowster Boy, I remember you from your last attempt and mine :-)

I am in my 7th week now and will not stop taking the pill before 6 months is passed.

Inger from Oslo

Edited by esme
quote tags

What I remember the most from my last attempt on Champix was the activity on this forum. So motivating and helpful and very funny messages. Why this decrease in activity?

As for my hoola hoopwith weights, I have lost 1,5 centimeters on my waist the last months, so my black and bruised right hip (I only can do it properly to the left) was worth it.

Are you still doing ok out there? And Lynn you are an inspiration:banana:

Hi.1st looked at this thread 15 months ago when i started taking champix,and im pleased to say although apart from having to come off the tablets after 9 weeks im still a non smoker.I had the odd blip twice and smoked a sneaky one but it made me feel ill so didnt start again,good luck to anyone who is just starting with it xxx

Are you still doing ok out there? And Lynn you are an inspiration:banana:

Welcome back Inger and Glowster Boy. Good luck with your attempts.

I pop by a coupe of times a week for a nosey. It does tend to go quiet for a while then it goes crazy again with newbies - lol

Edited by esme
quote tags

In my 7th weel now Lynn and I will never ever again think that I ca be a partysmoker:loopy: I have learned my lesson.

Congrats to y'all for being nonsmokers and stay on the narrow path

Greetings all.

Began taking Champix March 6th. By the end of the two week cycle I was only interested in a puff or two once a day. On day two of the second cycle I stopped all-together. Finally off the weed after a quarter century.

Started getting constant headaches, nausea and blurry vision. I decided to cut down my dosage to 1 tablet daily for the remainder of the pack. By Friday, feeling really nauseous, thinking I'd have the weekend to detox I stopped taking them all-together (three days left). When I went to work on Monday I thought everything was going to be great.:cool:

There was an upset in the office and I completely lost it.:rant: I had to leave before some one got hurt. Once home I felt better but when I returned to work the next day and my boss called me into the office to discuss the previous days events I went off the deep end again... felt like driving my car off into the ocean on the way home.:help:

That night when I tried to talk to my wife about everything that was happening ( me not being at work ect.) I went into a blind rage and started shrieking like an animal.:shakes:

Decided the best course of action was to go back to taking the pills until I could see my doctor to find an alternative medication for everyone's well-being. Hope I still have a job.:?

I can't be sure but I think the nicotine we've been consuming all our lives had radically altered our brains chemistry. Without it... I don't know. I can only hope things get better.:sad:

I've read a post which talks to the possibility of weening down the dose gently. Splitting the pills in half and so on.

Perhaps the doctor can help.:idea:

Hi all!!!

Just thought i'd drop in to let you all know I have finally completed the 12 week course of Champix!!! Yay!!!! However, i've decided to give myself an extra week just taking 1 tablet a day at lunchtime. I feel great! 10 weeks and 5 days smoke free and not even the urge for a sneaky puff!! Compared to my failed attempt last year, this is a major achievement for me. Yes i've gained a couple of pounds and re-discovered my love of food, but with my new found love of exercise, a couple of pounds is nothing compared to last years full stone! :gag:

Just wanted to pop in and say a massive thank you to all of you on this forum, especially the peeps that have been on the same-ish timeline as me - Oldshirty, tashnat, soozie to mention only 3 but there are so many more, thank you to you all, you've been a massive support and I will continue to recommend this forum to anyone I know attempting to quit with Champix. I will also continue to come on here myself and offer any advice I can to future newbies and I suppose still for my own support as i've still got a long way to go!!!!

To anyone about to quit with Champix! With the right frame of mind, these tablets are a wonder drug! Yes you'll have your moments, but they will be much more managable and easier than without them!!! Always stay positive, constantly remind yourself as to why your doing this and enjoy all that extra cash! :D

Everyone has disappeared lately, would be nice to have a few updates from the Chamquitters!!! I am very proud to be a part of your team!!!

Lots a love, Gemma xgx :love:

I tried them also 2 weeks and they turned me into a deep depressive state. Just had suicidal thoughts, my appetite went, and I have acted terrible to my partner. We have parted through this. He cant understand what went wrong with me.