The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

My bro in law just paid a visit. He told me that he asked his doc for Champix and the doc said NO! because my bro in law suffers from severe depression.

Aparrantly, and according to the doc, they can tell people with depression and such like just by putting them onto Champix for a while. Im reacting badly to it and pills like it, does this mean that Im a depressive? Mad? Insane? Just plain perverted?

Im going to have to delve deeper into this, I want to know if Im merely a depressive or a dyed in the wool fruit-loop :D

I finished a pack of Chapix today and Im seriously considering not starting another pack.

Im making the other halfs life a misery, shes crying almost every night now while I rant and foam about the pettyest thing.

Im goign to stop with the Champix and risk it, if I fail and start smoking then so be it. Id rather be a smoker than hurt my other half any more, but typing this, and as I sit here and think, I admit that Id kill for a cig-- I know its psychological because the very smell of a cig makes me feel ill, but Im sick of craving, tired of striving and ashamed of myself for being such a ******* over the past six weeks or so.

Jabbers this is awful. If I were you I would stop taking them & try something else .... Patches ? Hypnotherapy ?

Well its been 24 hours now without a Champix and they should be out of my system now.

Should be...

I havent had a cig or felt the need for one, nor have I felt an impulse to eat someones spinal chord, and Ive been acting as "Normal" as I have been at any time during the past 6 weeks.

Went up Bardon hill, puked at the smell of coffee, ate veggies like some sort of hippy.

Ill give it another 24 hours to see if the pills are out of my system- at least the other half is happier, I have the feeling that shed be even happier if I were to resume smoking though.

Jabbers this is awful. If I were you I would stop taking them & try something else .... Patches ? Hypnotherapy ?

I tried everything except for hypnotism and acupuncture, and they wont work on me because you need faith for them to have an effect and I happen to think theyre a load of bunkum! This is my last chance to quit, unless they invent something else.

I seem to be doing fine as far as not smoking is concerned, its just the rest of it thats driving me mental.

I'm off to the doctors tomorrow, Im gonna speak to him and see if he'll give me champix (if he recommends them) or possibly zyban.

I'm not sure if he'll give anything to be honest, I've suffered from depression and by the sounds of it they may not prescribe them.

I'll update when I know more!!

I took a Champix. Just one.

Im taking one each day now, because to my disgust, I started to really crave a cig about an hour ago.

After all this time on the damn pills youd at least think Id have the gonads to fight off a craving, but noooooooooo Im far too much of a wimp!

I disgust myself so much sometimes that it turns me on.

I'm off to the doctors tomorrow, Im gonna speak to him and see if he'll give me champix (if he recommends them) or possibly zyban.

I'm not sure if he'll give anything to be honest, I've suffered from depression and by the sounds of it they may not prescribe them.

I'll update when I know more!!

I wonder if youll get the same reception that my bro in law got. He had a bad result because along with the depression he also has suicidal tendancies.

And NO its got nothing to do with having me as a brother in law! :D

sorry not been posting been on holiday, right i am coming to the end of 5 weeks on champix. My nausea is driving me mad....whilst i was away in spain i went out 2 nights out of 10 cos i felt so sick, one of the nights we had gone to a restaurant and i had to leave halfway through my meal and go and sit outside! I decided to stop taking them for 1 day while i was away as i wanted 1(just 1)day of not feeling sick, i had some quite strong cravings that day but i just kept distracting myself. I dont think it helped the fact that you can still smoke practically EVERYWHERE in spain. Started back on them the next day....oh well the things we do eh.

I have not had mood swings/dreams/been irritable/violent or anything.

I have no more energy/less energy/feel any different than i didbefore except the sickness.

Aims x

Hey Jab

Think it might be time for a hypnotist :suspect:

papajoe

just a quick question has anyone suffered bleeding of the back passage whilst taking champix ive been on them 6 weeks and not smoked for 4 weeks now but all of a sudden i have started bleeding when going to the toilet and it does state in the side effects as 1 in 1000

Hi to you all, I only found your site today, I was looking for some bad stuff on champix as I thought I was the only person who had wierd side effects from it. I,ve done the full 12 weeks now, only had a few fags, I used to smoke 30+ a day. When I was on 2 tabs a day i turned into a nightmare to live with, my partner was ready for letting me smoke again, it completely changed my personality, things got better when i started taking 1 tab a day. did it affect any of you when you had alcohol?:confused:

Hi I was just wondering if this thread has closed, no one seems to be joining in now. How are you all doing quitting?