The Stop Smoking Megathread [ including Champix]

well, best of luck with it. Not a bad deal getting the course free, 6 wks have cost me about £240 approx. See ya, A.

You had to pay? How come...?

ok, i am day 10....quit tonight, i quite want one but i think thats just cos i am thinking about it you know, i havent smoked since 5pm....been occupied making my website(plug plug, feedback wanted :) ) now is the time to wind down and have my last evening fag....i need distracting, feel slightly sick at the min, these tablets have not been good for me on the sickness factor

ok, i am day 10....quit tonight, i quite want one but i think thats just cos i am thinking about it you know, i havent smoked since 5pm....been occupied making my website(plug plug, feedback wanted :) ) now is the time to wind down and have my last evening fag....i need distracting, feel slightly sick at the min, these tablets have not been good for me on the sickness factor

I waited till the last possible minute before jacking the cigs in.

Are you having that last cig because you want it or because you always have a last cig before bed time?

Do you want that cig? I mean do you feel like a cig? Or are you smoking it because you always have that one last fag?

I waited till the last possible minute before jacking the cigs in.

Are you having that last cig because you want it or because you always have a last cig before bed time?

Do you want that cig? I mean do you feel like a cig? Or are you smoking it because you always have that one last fag?

i wont smoke again i have none left thats why i quit at the random time of 5pm....i wont buy anymore and i had a few left so got rid of them....its all habit as i say i feel a bit sick so dont really feel like i need one i just feel like i should be having one. Jabbawocky i dont know if you understand what i mean by that?!

i wont smoke again i have none left thats why i quit at the random time of 5pm....i wont buy anymore and i had a few left so got rid of them....its all habit as i say i feel a bit sick so dont really feel like i need one i just feel like i should be having one. Jabbawocky i dont know if you understand what i mean by that?!

Yeah I know what you mean. Its like after meals or first thing when you get up and have that first drink of the day.

Thats the hard part of all this, the habit of smoking at certain times.

are you finding it hard?

are you finding it hard?

Nope. Its been easy all the way along! The only thing Im missing is the taste of the smoke.

The rest of it is brilliant, the fact that I can run up a steep hill and not hear my chest at all is amazing, its the first time my chest hasnt wheezed since the 70s.

Food tastes better, Im more alert, my skin looks better, my hair looks better, my eyes look clear, my fingernails are lovely and pink--- there are hundreds of benefits!

You wont find this hard if you start to enjoy the effects of not smoking, the feeling of fitness youll get.

Id smoke when I wanted a cig if I were you, not when I felt it was time for one. The craving isnt there at all, its just the habit nagging you.

Went back to the docs today for another months supply of the pills. He asked me how I was going on with them and I told him and mentioned this thread and you lot. He said he was going to register tonight and take a peek so be on your best behaviour!

Update...

Today is day 8, and I've just upped the dosage to 1mg. Up until now I've had nothing much to report - I've been smoking as much as usual, with no difference in the taste of cigarettes. I want them to taste horrible! But I think what you suggest is true, Jabbers. I'm smoking because that's what I do, not because I crave a cigarette. Now, I could put this to the test by going for several hours without lighting up (unheard of), but no, I want to set my quit date somewhere between days 9 and 14, when I'm all Champixed up.

Dilly: I'm heartened by your progress, and pleased for you. Keep us up to date, will you? Six hours without a fag is a LONG TIME! Oh, and I like your new website, but a few some more hairdressy pictures wouldn't go amiss - right now doesn't have a very hairdressy feel. Oddly enough I'm working on a new website, too - I'll show you when it's ready.

Jabbers: Your updates are really helpful (as well as entertaining!). I'll try and be prepared for those weak moments that you describe, knowing that it's a normal part of the quit/Champix process.

Sorry if this has been answered but I haven't read the whole thread.

Is Champix available on the NHS or do you have to pay for the course?

Cheers!!

Sorry if this has been answered but I haven't read the whole thread.

Is Champix available on the NHS or do you have to pay for the course?

Cheers!!

Both options are open, the NHS will supply it but you can buy a course for about 160 smackeroonies.

I got my lot from the GP and the NHS.