Weekend Away 25th May in Anglesey

Hope I did not start all this.

Every walk organised by group participants are open to anyone who is able to cover the planned walk.

People who know that they are unable to walk very far, obviously will have to organise and plan their own walk and if they wish, invite others to join them.

If anyone wants to come on any walk organise through the forum, just let the person who is leading the walk know.

I hope the ones who not want to join any walk understand that they should not try to stop the friendly batter between people who do join walks.

( Especially when its not raining!! and No Booze is the name of the game ).

Anyone wanting to know more join the walk next Thursday Evening or Next Sunday.

Details are on the thread. You are welcome.

Mod. Note

Let's get a few things straight, shall we? Please read an inwardly digest the following, as it is unlikely it will be repeated.

Whether regulars on this group like to hear it or not, there are perception of an element of cliquiness within this group that have persisted for several months. I personally exect that in any tight knit group of people, but we get complaints forwarded to us at the Helpdesk and through reports.

The Group was set up originally as a place where people interested in any aspect of walking and outdoor pursuits might get together and share stories, information, etc. as well as possibly organise walks.

Several people feel excluded from the walks for various reasons, and to be frank the recent behaviour of an ex-Forummer, putting 'Walking Group Puppetmaster' as his MSN 'message' has not helped dispel these rumours.

Let me be very clear. The Groups exist within the Forum, for the bnefit of Forum members. If something exists to stop Forum members getting involved in a group, we will take whatever action is needed to deal with it. They're not there to be the fiefdom of self-appointed 'puppetmasters' and if that is the case then the Admin Team will take action.

I personally am not convinced that cliques exist within Walking above what might be expected in any special interest group. However, perception is all. If people want a group to be seen as 'inclusive' to other Forummers then they need to act in an inclusive manner to encourage other Forum members.

This sort of row is not helpful; we expect groups to be like any other part of SF :

Inclusive to all SF members.

Run for the benefit of all SF members who're interested.

Working within the rules of SF

We've been asked to set up groups, for example, for outside clubs on here and have said No. The Groups are Special Interest Groups within Sheffield Forum - that's all.

And if we find a group that seems to have a lot of problems in any way, shape or form we will intervene.

I'm closing this thread now as it seems to have got very bad tempered and has grown out of a series of misunderstandings. But mis-understandings grow where there is a perceived lack of open-ness and trust; I know that the vast majority of people who use this group are good eggs. But I also feel that based on observation some people outside SF seem to get a great deal of pleasure from this sort of silliness taking place.

So - it's in the hands of this Group. There is a perceived problem. Deal with it, or demonstrate to all that the problem doesn't exist.

Thank you.