Walk Thursday 17th May Wooley Wood

Don't think I'm going to make it now either, sorry guys. :(

Sounds like it should be a nice walk, shame the weather is looking so drab.

Enjoy and see you soon!

Weather held for us and the walk was just right for a pen-pusher! :hihi:

Very friendly bunch who made me most welcome and can't wait to meet up again at Chatsworth on Sunday.

Had a swift pint in The Foundry , Wincobank and have to say landlady and regulars were very friendly - busy too!

Lovely walk this evening in unusually warm un-springlike weather. Although the walk route was changed several times during the evening, and I'm certain none of us knew where we were going (well, possibly Silver did) it was an extremely enjoyable evening.

Big welcome to 1st timers Neily, Silver, Whitewitch and l'il Amber (where does she get the energy from). Hope we see you all again soon.

Also, feel I ought to put a good word in for the Foundry Arms at Wincobank where we were greeted warmly by both staff and regulars, who I'm sure don't very often get a group of walkers descending on them as we did! What a great atmosphere there is in that pub.

Oh! What a pity Silver and Whitewitch didn't come last Bank Holiday Monday as well! I'd've loved to have met you both and we could've been newbies together! Anyway, glad to read that you had a good walk...

Nice enjoyable walk. But I've still to see the Meadowhall Shoping Centre.

A very enjoyable walk, this area is full of memories of the early sixties for me; terrible thought that's nearly half a century ago:)

Very nice to meet all the newbie’s who came along for this walk, which started off by threatening to rain, but the sunshine eventually came through and it was surprisingly warm.

Also a special mention for the Foundry at Wincobank - a really nice Sheffield working man’s (and woman’s) pub with a friendly crowd of regulars and landlady and a very welcome pint that was as well.

I’ve put a few snaps of our walk here http://picasaweb.google.com/neotericwalks/WooleyWoodWalkThursday17thMay - also note that you can view pictures from earlier walks from the My Public Gallery link.

glad we made the effort to go on this walk, i really enjoyed the company and fresh air, and as for little witch, she slept like a log:) anyone with hyperactive kids i would recommend joining one of these walks. I dont think children would be allowed in the foundry so we sat outside in the lovely weather and had a cold glass of coke. Was great meeting everyone, especially scubz who i have spoken to on occassions, looking forward to chatsworth on sunday:) just hope i was quick enough to dive out of view when they got the camera out:hihi:

Oh! What a pity Silver and Whitewitch didn't come last Bank Holiday Monday as well! I'd've loved to have met you both and we could've been newbies together! Anyway, glad to read that you had a good walk...

maybe there will be a next time mardy, ive just been given another 3 months off work so i will be able to make a few more walks :)

maybe there will be a next time mardy, ive just been given another 3 months off work so i will be able to make a few more walks :)

I'm coming to the Chatsworth walk on Sunday, ww, so I'll see you there!...

Big welcome to 1st timers Neily, Silver, Whitewitch and l'il Amber (where does she get the energy from). .

That should read " where does silver get his energy from " Her feet hardly touched the ground :) . Can't wait for sunday . Hope the weather holds out for us :)

Going to have to strap my ankle up! - Fell while dancing/staggering in a club earlier this morning! Silly old fool :hihi: See you all there!

Going to have to strap my ankle up! - Fell while dancing/staggering in a club earlier this morning! Silly old fool :hihi: See you all there!

Too much falling down water methinks, sounds familiar to me! What sort of club was it, Darby and Joan?