The Rebels NightClub Mk 2.

First of all many thanks to everyone who attended on Saturday night, despite the negative reaction from one certain individual on here I think the majority of the people who came down had a cracking night.

We're not going to take the views of someone, who despite the fact has only been in Sheffield for a few weeks, feels they know everything about the city and has already adopted a personal vendetta against the owner. By the way Tanya, good luck with journalism degree (lord we've heard enough about it already), might be worth taking into consideration there are other sources of research available other than Sheffield Forum?

Anyway back to the opening night...I'll take it on the chin about speed of service, we're in the middle of recruiting experienced bar staff for Rebels, i'm looking for people who are into the music as I see it's crucial for customers to be served by like-minded peeps, anyone interested feel free to private message me. There was on a short period of time when there were on two on the bar, and more staff were added straight away, anyone who stayed for more then seven minutes would have noticed that and from that point the speed of service was much better.

I've taken the feedback on board and for next weekend we'll be reducing the price of Newcastle Brown and Bulmers to £2.50 per bottle which is excellent value. Find it comical regardind the complaint about the lack of 70p drinks...as a special opening night offer we reduced the Vodka and mixer to 50p!!!! And for the record we serve Red Square Vodka which is a leading brand...google it if you don't believe me.

Carlsberg and Fosters will continue at £1.50 per bottle. Feel free to debate about any other drinks you'd like us to have on offer...all feedback is much appriciated.

What's the general feeling on Live Bands? Music wise we're planning on Fridays beening more Indie led and Saturdays being Rock. Would you like to see the live bands continue or is that better earliar on in the evening over at Tube (opening this weekend)

With regards to the security I don't really see the issue with having a reputable, professional, smart and polite team. All it ensures is that everyone can relax and have an enjoyable evening without the worry of any trouble....can't see how anyone can complain about that?

Anyway keep the feedback coming, I read through it every day and take all views and ideas on board, we aim to make this your club and combined with Tube, the best night out in the city.

Well, at least the fella can take criticism and he's obviously willing to make changes. Let's be honest, most places have problems when they first open.

Good luck with the club!

First of all many thanks to everyone who attended on Saturday night, despite the negative reaction from one certain individual on here I think the majority of the people who came down had a cracking night.

I've taken the feedback on board and for next weekend we'll be reducing the price of Newcastle Brown and Bulmers to £2.50 per bottle which is excellent value. Find it comical regardind the complaint about the lack of 70p drinks...as a special opening night offer we reduced the Vodka and mixer to 50p!!!! And for the record we serve Red Square Vodka which is a leading brand...google it if you don't believe me.

Carlsberg and Fosters will continue at £1.50 per bottle. Feel free to debate about any other drinks you'd like us to have on offer...all feedback is much appriciated.

What's the general feeling on Live Bands? Music wise we're planning on Fridays beening more Indie led and Saturdays being Rock. Would you like to see the live bands continue or is that better earliar on in the evening over at Tube (opening this weekend)

Anyway keep the feedback coming, I read through it every day and take all views and ideas on board, we aim to make this your club and combined with Tube, the best night out in the city.

Firstly, cheers for taking on board what's been said about the bar prices and putting that right so quickly - it's much appreciated! I didn't have any problem at all getting served on the night, it was just the range of drinks and the prices that were a bit annoying and you're fixing that.

I thought the band were really good but putting them on at that time really killed the atmosphere and I think that's why people who were there to dance left for Corp. Earlier would be better.

We are going to give Rebs another go this weekend to see if the playlist picks up but I already prefer it to Corp because there's seating, it's clean and felt very safe. Looking forward to giving The Tube a visit too! :)

I thought the band were really good but putting them on at that time really killed the atmosphere and I think that's why people who were there to dance left for Corp. Earlier would be better.

What was the name of the band and what sort of stuff did they do, I missed them as didn't get down until after 1am.....

What was the name of the band and what sort of stuff did they do, I missed them as didn't get down until after 1am.....

Black Light Theatre I think - they were quite promising but more indie than rock.

Me and Mrs Nightwish will certainly be going again as we had a really good time and cant see what all the negativity is about. We didnt even notice the bouncers and why worry about them if you are not gonna cause trouble.

The only things I do think would be it would be better to have the bands on earlier and also get some draught bitter, lager, cider I think rockers prefer this to bottles.

We didnt have a problem with the music either, a bit of everything can only be a good thing played new as well as old.

Mrs nightwish doesnt like the Corp and really liked the new Rebels.

WOW, Went to Rebels on Saturday and had the best night out I've ever had in Sheffield! Could have been the cocktails I had before hand but I'm sure I would have liked it without the cocktails. Must admit when I heard where it was I was unsure about attending but was convinced by the lads it would be a great night.

So glad I went, defo going back, and would recommend to anyone into rock and indie.

WOW

Just recovered from Saturday, wow what a good night that was 70p drinks I think I cleared them out, I really enjoyed my self and my mates did as well. We will defiantly be going back on Friday to rock till all hours in the morning.

Don’t know what people are going on about saying it was crap and the service was not good I thought the bar staff was very helpful and the people on the door made me feel welcome as well.

Can’t wait till next week will be trying tube out, and then watch out rebels here I come.

Well, at least the fella can take criticism and he's obviously willing to make changes. Let's be honest, most places have problems when they first open.

Good luck with the club!

hear !!! hear!!!! :)

rebels is back

I just had a look inside Tube today, looks great...reminds me of a large Casbah with an outdoor area! Will be great in he Summer, and with a marquee and heaters it could work in winter too!

.everyone was raving about the name Rebels and it was pure 100% jerk off........we stayed for 7 minutes and went to Corporation..........

We could see from your previous posts that you'd got preconceived ideas about the place before you even went. As a supposed future journalist, is that a good characteristic?

The name rebels would mean nothing to you as you never experienced it and also...7 MINUTES!! You were either giving it no chance, or were you using your journalistic skill and writing something completely untrue?:loopy:

We could see from your previous posts that you'd got preconceived ideas about the place before you even went. As a supposed future journalist, is that a good characteristic?

The name rebels would mean nothing to you as you never experienced it and also...7 MINUTES!! You were either giving it no chance, or were you using your journalistic skill and writing something completely untrue?:loopy:

Most journalists don't have a clue about 'reality'...read a certain Daily tabloid and you will see exactly what I mean...journalists only exist as people feed on their subjective interpretations they often present as reality, and for most part, get away with.