The Rebels NightClub Mk 2.

:D whos going then

Well Team Batfink and a bunch of doirty gothics will be there (after starting off at the Dove & Rainbow of course) - looking forward to seeing what the place is like!

Had some wicked nights in the Fez, perfect for a dance music venue. That's a big loss to the Sheffield underground scene.
yes and so was rebels

:thumbsup: i think steve has got it right pub and night club in one area no trailing round all the pubs getting soaked in the rain

the same in notts the tap&tumbler then the rig or rock city

but i still like the dove & rainbow and to see the bands buffy puts on

at the moorfoot sorry i did not see the last tara secrets :sad: gig as i went to see roger waters with some old mates in london

hay good news oyster cards are very good easy to use and cut the cost of tube travel round london next time you go get one:love:

yes and so was rebels

Rebels shmebels, times have moved on. Bring back the Fez!!!!!!

Bring back the Fez!!!!!!

HEAR HEAR!!!!!!

It will be interesting when Rebels and Vibe kick out, presumably they'll have to have different opening/closing times...:suspect:

Bring back the Fez!!!!!!

I miss the Fez :( :( :(

Don't understand why open a 3rd rock club when there are 2 already! Corporation is great and has 3 rooms and apparently is many times the size of this Fex Club and much better....

I met a lot of 'old rockers' in last 5 days and everyone was talking about it but no one had a kind word to say about the guy who owns this new club...apparently he ripped off loads of folks back in the 90's and turned his old rock club into a dance club, leaving the town with no rock nights at all??? Apparently it was also the Corporation who brought back rock nights to this town after he ****** off everyone big time.

So count me out Rebels.....with opinions like that from your intended audience it ain't gonna be pretty....:gag:

do I just remember it with rose tinted glasses now?

A similar effect occurs when people discuss The Limit, which, lets face it, was a good enough club but a complete dump.

A lot of people are talking about this thats for sure. Lets check out some historical facts here regarding Metalheads post above...

The original Rebels club closed 13 years ago and 're-located' with all staff to Matilda Street, a club called CAPITOL, which is now PLUG clubs main room. It ran only 2 rock nights though, giving the impression it was not by any means just a re-location of the original club. Sheffield then had 3 rock nights, the twice montly ROXY event, and 2 nights at capitols, ATOMIC 1 and 2, on Wednesdays and fridays respectively. These lasted only a short time, first Friday night ATOMIC 2 was scrapped, and replaced by a dance night, and the Wednesday one continued for a few more months with DJ Rude Dog (I think) until that too was axed in favour of dance nights. Capitol, although considered to be the re-location of the original Rebels by many, and effectively therefore Rebels MK 2, was not a rock club by any means. Sheffield then had only one rock night and that was just twice a month at Roxy which I used to co-DJ with DJ Lez for 6 months.

And it's quite true to say that if it had not been for DJ MUTLEY and the launching of the phenomenal DROP night fridays at the City hall ballrooms, Sheffield rock scene would have been almost completely non existent at that time. DROP filled a massive gap in the market and there were queues you would not believe to get in that place friday nights. It had the main 'Drop' room, and a separate 'rock room', and some of the best times of my life were had in that place! That was followed by the start of the original 'Reservoir Rocks' classic rock/metal night on Saturdays, (ironically at the Fez Club, now Rebels MK 3) which then spread downstairs to what was Kiki's, now VIBE is it??? After that came the Corporation at Bank Street in September 1997 and we once again had a full time rock club back, which was very much needed and welcome.

Correct me if I am wrong with any of the above but thats the way I remember it.......and that should put metalheads post into some sort of perspective if no one is aware of the rock scene history in Sheff

A lot of people are talking about this thats for sure. Lets check out some historical facts here regarding Metalheads post above...

The original Rebels club closed 13 years ago and 're-located' with all staff to Matilda Street, a club called CAPITOL, which is now PLUG clubs main room. It ran only 2 rock nights though, giving the impression it was not by any means just a re-location of the original club. Sheffield then had 3 rock nights, the twice montly ROXY event, and 2 nights at capitols, ATOMIC 1 and 2, on Wednesdays and fridays respectively. These lasted only a short time, first Friday night ATOMIC 2 was scrapped, and replaced by a dance night, and the Wednesday one continued for a few more months with DJ Rude Dog (I think) until that too was axed in favour of dance nights. Capitol, although considered to be the re-location of the original Rebels by many, and effectively therefore Rebels MK 2, was not a rock club by any means. Sheffield then had only one rock night and that was just twice a month at Roxy which I used to co-DJ with DJ Lez for 6 months.

Correct me if I am wrong with any of the above but thats the way I remember it.......and that should put metalheads post into some sort of perspective if no one is aware of the rock scene history in Sheff

More or less right - I think the main grudge is that Rebs punters were asked to sign a petition to Sheffield Magistrates handing over the licence to the new premises and then feeling betrayed when it wasn't a dedicated rock club.

Of course Casbah was still running all that time but there's no way one little club could fit all the rockers in every weekend!

The thing that bugs me about what metalheads is saying is that rock & alternative types shouldn't have the same amount of choice of where to go clubbing as everyone else who could go to a different place every night if they wanted! :roll:

I am quite excited by the prospect of a new rock night/club.

IMO Copr has gradually gone down hill, most of my most recent nights in there have been average at best, and it seems to be pretty dead.