The Rebels NightClub Mk 2.

No co-incidence then that the management are working their way through dead nightclub names?

We have a DEAD NIGHTCLUB NIGHT twice a month and old Rebels is quite a big part of that as far as the set list goes, but then so is old Roxy Rock Night, The oriiginal limit, and my old night at the Leadmill.......so a name maybe is never forgotten about.....

I guess many people on this forum have fond memories of the original Rebels, Sheffields first dedicated full time rock club back in 1982 to 1994/5. I was there on the original opening night and the first song played was ONLY YOU CAN ROCK ME by UFO.....wonder if it will be the same again????

But please, no Mansfield best bitter!!!!!

No co-incidence then that the management are working their way through dead nightclub names?

Ooo you cynic you! :P

I guess that some people may be eyeing The (still going strong) Corp a little enviously.

We have a DEAD NIGHTCLUB NIGHT twice a month and old Rebels is quite a big part of that as far as the set list goes, but then so is old Roxy Rock Night, The oriiginal limit, and my old night at the Leadmill.......so a name maybe is never forgotten about.....

I guess many people on this forum have fond memories of the original Rebels, Sheffields first dedicated full time rock club back in 1982 to 1994/5. I was there on the original opening night and the first song played was ONLY YOU CAN ROCK ME by UFO.....wonder if it will be the same again????

But please, no Mansfield best bitter!!!!!

But this night is literally a tribute to days of old and songs of yesteryear (now there's a word that's rarely used!).

The opening of clubs using old clubs names is not a tribute to them, it's just cashing in on an old name that used to be popular but attracting a different crowd. If anyone tries to open a Classic Rock Bar anywhere soon, I'll have something to say about it! :mad:

But this night is literally a tribute to days of old and songs of yesteryear (now there's a word that's rarely used!).

The opening of clubs using old clubs names is not a tribute to them, it's just cashing in on an old name that used to be popular but attracting a different crowd. If anyone tries to open a Classic Rock Bar anywhere soon, I'll have something to say about it! :mad:

Yes, but in this case its the original owner of the original Rebels, not someone else, so he is only cashing in on himself, if you see what i mean.......

If that's the case, why didn't he know who Les is?

Because the chap promoting on this forum is apparently the Manager of Rebels and not the actual owner....

Exactly. That's what I love about Sheffield Forum, all doom and gloom before anything's even had a chance to get going.

Rebels Will Be THE Venue To Showcase TheThe Best Selection Of Live Bands You Could Ever Hope For As Well As Playing The Best In Rock, Indie, Goth, And Heavy Metal.

HI we're a crackin' new band from Sheffield and would like to gig Rebels, can you let me know how to go about it please.

Rock on Rebels.

The Kamen

Hey ,i remember those days, and loved them, Bob Maltby was a dj at Rebels as we, if your out there Bob, hope your doing well and life is fine

HI we're a crackin' new band from Sheffield and would like to gig Rebels, can you let me know how to go about it please.

Rock on Rebels.

The Kamen

PM a contact name and number mate and i'll pass it on. Cheers.

If that's the case, why didn't he know who Les is?

Thought i'd do a bit of "research" and found out Les was approached a while ago about being involved with Rebels again, he turned it down and went running to Mutley warning him it was planning to open. So there you go!

Daft question I know, but despite having lived here for a couple of years I've never heard of the Fez Club, where is it ?