The Rebels NightClub Mk 2.

Is that it? The best you can come up with is "Corp Rocks". Think it's time to give in a concentrate on your studies.

I'm one of the older crowd and so can remember Rebels opening and used to go in the Penthouse before then. I also used to work at the Kay Gee Bee [not many people even remember that place]

I've read through this thread and have a few idea's.

Live bands do seem to destroy the atmosphere to a point and I wouldn't recommend any rock venue to put them on half way through the night.

Sufficent bar staff are essential and yes experienced staff is a very good idea. We used to have three experienced staff on the bar and another two novices if required and the KGB bar was tiny.

In the old Rebels the bouncers were all friends or rrelations of the owner and they weren't the most pleasent of people so I really hope the security staff are slightly more up market.

The draught beer and Lager in the KGB was pretty horrible and so we made darn sure we had loads of Newcastle Brown and we sold it at the same price as the Wapentake so people didn't get the feeling they were being ripped off.

Just in case anyone is interested [most of the hardened rockers will know this site] here's a link to Rock Reunited and an associated site all about the old Rebels which includes pictures[very scary]

http://www.borracho.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/rock/index.shtml

Nice one, all good feed back. We won't be running with the live bands every weekend, we're going to concentrate on that side of things over at Tube and make Rebels a 100% club enviroment. You've hit the nail on the head with the draft beers issue, it's tricky getting a good draft system in Rebels as space is limited so we're going to stick to bottles and keep the price and deals fair.

It is indeed. Launching this Friday night with a mainly Indie feel with a bit of funk and rock thrown into the mixer. Keeping the dancefloor happy will be DJ Dan and special guest performance from the Careless Angels to round it all off. Fantastic new venue with some cracking drinks offers all round. The Tube, Charter Square (behind Debenhams). 8pm till late.

It is indeed. Launching this Friday night with a mainly Indie feel with a bit of funk and rock thrown into the mixer. Keeping the dancefloor happy will be DJ Dan and special guest performance from the Careless Angels to round it all off. Fantastic new venue with some cracking drinks offers all round. The Tube, Charter Square (behind Debenhams). 8pm till late.

Do you have a MYSPACE or any kind of web site up?

I'm spinning at Tube in Friday too...expect a banging mash-up of Indie old & new which you will most assuredly get your rocks off to!

Is it Indie in the Tube on Saturday as well?

I am not really keen on Indie so will probably just stick to rebels rock night if so.

Is it Indie in the Tube on Saturday as well?

I am not really keen on Indie so will probably just stick to rebels rock night if so.

Indeed - I fear the phrase 'banging mash-up' especially related to indie! Looking forward to giving Rebs another try though!

As far as I know The Tube will be geared towards the Rock crowd on Saturdays so both fronts will be well catered for over the course of the weekend. Personally though I cant wait for Friday! :D

wow off SF for a few weeks and discover in my absence there is a new rock club and pub!!!

Moving back to Sheff on 3/6 so will be good to have a choice of places to go too:thumbsup:

thank u 100% blade for that i do not work at rebels im just a punter and hope that tube is gd also and takes of like rebels

is this not owned by one of the baxendales? quite a big change for him to open a rock club, hope it all goes well.