Smoking whilst driving to be banned.

Great idea ,road safety is paramount and ANYTHING which alters that has to be discouraged,smoking needs to be banned completly though.

The person you hit while lighting up or rolling one, yes I have seen somebody rolling a cig while driving on the M1 and I have lost count of the number of fag ends I have seen thrown from windows.

I was hitching a while back and the driver asked if I could roll a cigarette.

I said no, so he proceed to drive along a busy A road, steering with his knees.:shocked: The next time I got asked this question I said yes and learnt there and then.

Great idea ,road safety is paramount and ANYTHING which alters that has to be discouraged,smoking needs to be banned completly though.

I don't think it should be banned outright. As long as it harms no one but the user, why should it matter if someone smokes?

another piece of the big brother state arives. what a load of tosh. if smoking means taking one hand of the wheel what about one armed drivers are they to be banned? what about turning the radio over? what about eating a chocolate bar? its all about left wing councils wanting to inflic the orwellian state on us. for what its worth i dont think the ban on mobiles phones wil help. ive nearly had two bumps up to now with people pulling up quickly to answer their phone? has anyone ever heard of an accident caused by a mobile pone. ive eard of accients caused by dodering old people, or those who hog the middle lane on motorways.

while im on about it. rant continues. incidentally i dont smoke. the people who support this sort of thing and speed camera money raising schemes invariably turn out to be the WORST DRIVERS.

What about the poor, blind, deaf, dumb, disabled, orphan girl who is run over by the Marlboro truck?

Is she OK?

The more the government stop me from smoking the less I'm going to smoke, so at the end of the day, it can only be a good thing.

another piece of the big brother state arives. what a load of tosh. if smoking means taking one hand of the wheel what about one armed drivers are they to be banned? what about turning the radio over? what about eating a chocolate bar? its all about left wing councils wanting to inflic the orwellian state on us. for what its worth i dont think the ban on mobiles phones wil help. ive nearly had two bumps up to now with people pulling up quickly to answer their phone? has anyone ever heard of an accident caused by a mobile pone. ive eard of accients caused by dodering old people, or those who hog the middle lane on motorways.

Yes, there was the one a few years back where the truck driver killed about 12 people.

The more the government stop me from smoking the less I'm going to smoke, so at the end of the day, it can only be a good thing.

It can make some people less likely to quit though because some smokers may become more rebellious & fed up of people telling them what they can & cannot do, smokers are generally the rebellious types anyway which is why most probaly got addicted to fags in the first place.

What about the poor, blind, deaf, dumb, disabled, orphan girl who is run over by the Marlboro truck?

yeah but she played a mean pinball.

Look, lets take this to a totally safe level, and no one will ever get husr/killed ever again, ban cars....oh no, the goverment makes billions out of the motorist, ahh lets get somee more money out of them and give ourselfs another reason to fine them!!!.

Thamk god im emigrating from this country, its just sooo PC as to be a joke now :huh: :huh: :huh:

Yes, there was the one a few years back where the truck driver killed about 12 people.

well thats the first ive heard. many more are killed when the driver falls asleep at the wheel.