Whats wrong with West One?

What im saying is that most city centre apartments are little boxes. Yours obviously isnt- its one of the few decent sized ones but you will have paid for it, and I look forward to hearing how much you lose when you sell :) . Few people want / can afford 1800sqft in Sheff centre - they stick on the EA's books for months

Some of them do hang around on the market a bit longer than the owner would like but most don't really - the more desirable and affordable two bed's with parking and a nice balcony still have a high demand. I've made a point of checking over the last 6 months or so and am cheered by the lack of apartments in West One/Royal Plaza that have been put on the market during that time - clearly people are enjoying their living spaces (seemingly regardless of size!!)

I personally wouldnt buy in the city centre at all. It is something that'd be in budget just, but you have too much risk of someone buying near you to let to drunken students, that'd do my head in!

Ive been to a few parties in places like West One, seeing people spew in the halls etc...not good!

But each to there own

and to the OP, you will sell, especially as its under 125k just, no stamp duty, hold in there, or change agents

Thanks for your lovely remarks.

Nice to see there is so little jelousy around here.

Also, flats like mine are selling well at the moment - especially in my block as I deal with the freeholds and I'm getting a lot of new applications every month.

Besides if it was to crash that badly (and it really wont with things standing as they are) you just hang onto the house until it picks up again.

I'm happy enough thanks.

No jelousy (sic) involved my friend. My pad in the leafy suburbs suits me fine :heyhey:

Let me guess. It'll be the posh southerners coming up here driving up house prices again wont it.....

Er...will it?? :huh:

Also, flats like mine are selling well at the moment - especially in my block as I deal with the freeholds and I'm getting a lot of new applications every month.

Besides if it was to crash that badly (and it really wont with things standing as they are) you just hang onto the house until it picks up again.

I'm happy enough thanks.

I don't think people were being nasty or jelous, just voicing their opinions and if they were selling that well you would not have started the thread!

I don't think people were being nasty or jelous, just voicing their opinions and if they were selling that well you would not have started the thread!

At last someone with some sense!

thanks everyone for you coments but know i just feel in a panic

Any developments? We're still trying to sell our flat. No interest the last time we advertised, so fingers crossed as we go in the property guide again this week.....

There's a 2-bed freehold flat at broomhill going for auction at £115K guide price - contact 0114 276 1051 to view the property - FLAT 4 YORK HOUSE, 1 ENDCLIFFE CRESCENT, BROOMHILL, SHEFFIELD, S10 3EB.

On 13/05/2007 at 14:00, pink-bunny said:

Thank you all for your comments they are very helpful.

my apartment is for sale for 125K which i think is reasonable for a 1 bed apartment?

I don't have parking however i do rent a space in the carpark so maybe if i included this in the particulars it could help?

i have had a number of viewings so far and offers however they've not been what i expected

Interesting to look back at old threads. .

Poor old Pink Bunny's apartment isn't worth any more 11 years later..

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-64960798.html

On 21/05/2007 at 17:37, littleblue said:

I'm happy enough thanks.

And LittleBlues view of the market could not have been more wrong!

Did it sell though?